Fort Wetherill, RI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You are a "wealth" of information for R.I. diving A.D.........You also stay up "way" to late!!!

Thanks, acutally I'm at work and it's a VERY slow night. We can't get material from our suppliers so we're "waiting". When we going diving?

Whoa.....When you say you work late.....You mean Late!!!! I can see why a dive the next day would be way tough!!!

Whoa.....When you say you work late.....You mean Late!!!! I can see why a dive the next day would be way tough!!!

Ya know things are a lot better since I cut way back on coffee. I have 1 per day when I get up. I still drink the same about during my "day" just not coffee. I'm sleeeping much better and longer! I like coffee but I love sleep:) I'm diving Friday night, a boat dive in the bay around Jamestown.

The water is 54F. It is wet suit time!

Dove on Sunday off Fisher's Island - water temp was around the same. I was wet(semi-dry) but my buddy used his dry suit. Visibility was about 10' near bottom it got better but still not great.

Sorry for just jumping in I am new to diving in RI and the guy I went through the course with has faded out on me. I went this past weekend to Wetherill but didn’t see any fish in the AM and then the classes came and the Vis went from 6-8 to 4inches. Was wondering where a good place for a diver with limited dives under his belt would have a safe yet prosperous hunt? I have been told about Beavertail and I went out there to check it out but couldn’t tell where people where going in and out and there where no divers there that day. Also if you need a dive buddy I’m up for it as long as you can deal with someone with limited experience. Also I have only been down to 45ft. I am very comfortable in the water other wise and I have my lobster permit and fishing license.

Keep at Jackson...Try thr Lobsta divas section also....and there are a lot of R.I. Free divers on Spearboard....Are you a newbie diving Solo?

I haven't dove solo, thanks im on spearboard and trying to go out with a couple of guys however they are free divers and shy away from divers easily.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom