Forcefin Pro "blem" arrived today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kravi

Registered
Reaction score
So my last diving adventure was in the keys, and on my last dive, I somehow managed to lose one of my forcefin pros. I mean, I did the whole dive, took off my fins (I use the bungie versions), and slipped them both over my left wrist. As always. And then I caught the line and got into the boat and found one fin.

So naturally (yes, I'm a story teller) I jumped back in the water (was off Key West, so it was around 24' with great visibility) and searched the bottom for my missing fin. No luck at all. Just vanished, like the occasional sock in a dryer.

Well, I called forcefin about a replacement fin, and got a bit squeemish about the price. But then they mentioned they sell "blems" (I assume that is short for blemished production versions) for much cheaper. She said there were little issues with them, but that it wouldn't compromise function or durability. I said, sounds good, and she found that there was a "blem" in my size and colour, and for $78 (or so) shipped it off to me.

It just arrived in the mail today, and it is fantastic. There is some minor colour streaking on the top (but they are black fins, so not really noticeable anyway), and little tiny micro bubble marks on the bottom heal. Honestly, my remaining older fin looks much worse just do to aging.

In short, if y'all ever want to get discounted forcefins, I'd recommend calling direct and see if they have a pair of blems. Good prices, same fins.

--Me

Please do not call us, we were assisting Kravi as best as we could with the few Force Fin's we have on hand. We are not in the business of selling Blems and have lost production and that's the end of the story. Check out ebay or strap on a pair of spring strapped Jet Fins.

Ooops, sorry Mr. Evans, I wasn't aware of the specifics of your help. In short, they helped me out for a good price when I was in trouble, and were terrific. Nothing but gratitude!

--Me

Does this mean we are better off buying jet fins with spring straps than Force Fins? I like my Force Fins but if they are not going to be reliable...I may go back to standard fins with spring straps. Makes me a little nervous when Bob recommends buying a fin other than what is being talked about.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Does this mean we are better off buying jet fins with spring straps than Force Fins? I like my Force Fins but if they are not going to be reliable...I may go back to standard fins with spring straps. Makes me a little nervous when Bob recommends buying a fin other than what is being talked about.

You misunderstood what Bob said so let me try for him . Force fins are great fins those that like them love them but..... They are no more they are closed down they are no longer making them as in the op got lucky but bob is saying no one else will because he has nothing available to sell. If you are worried about your force fins then put them up for sale because someone like the op will buy them because they can no longer buy new ones

Thanks for the clarification. I did not realize they are out of business. My wife was looking for the next size up to use with her dry suit. Guess I'll look used or have he look at another brand. Too bad too...Force Fins are the first I used with great propulsion and didn't cause cramping.

Force Fins went OOB? That sucks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom