Force fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dougd

Reaction score
I tried a pair of original force fins on a trip to Mexico recently and loved them. However, I was diving with light weight boots on. Has anybody tried them with hard soled dry suit boots?

See Rule #6

O-ring once bubbled...
See Rule #6

OK would someone please explain these quote rules? and also whats with the DIR crowds attitude of Holier then Thou about gear.

personally can you name another brand or pair of fins that you can walk out of the water with you fins on then a pair of orginals,pros , or tan deltas ?

dougd once bubbled...
I tried a pair of original force fins on a trip to Mexico recently and loved them. However, I was diving with light weight boots on. Has anybody tried them with hard soled dry suit boots?

yes i have yes them in a drysuit with (extra force with whiskers, and a pair of orginals)

i tried them on a DUI demo and when leading the buddy pair i was in doing a navigation run doing my normal fin kick after a minute of finning i looked back and the other two were not behind me, and i had to wait almost two minutes before they caught up to me. Also i didnt get a cramp while using the forces do to that there are times that i kick so hard that i get a cramp no matter what.

thats just my experince

Scubatooth once bubbled...
i tried them on a DUI demo and when leading the buddy pair i was in doing a navigation run doing my normal fin kick after a minute of finning i looked back and the other two were not behind me, and i had to wait almost two minutes before they caught up to me. Also i didnt get a cramp while using the forces do to that there are times that i kick so hard that i get a cramp no matter what.

thats just my experince

I believe you posted this once in another thread, right? I asked you then, but maybe not clearly enough, if the other divers who "couldn't keep up with you" were wearing tennis shoes. I find it totally unbelievable that any divers, in any sort of shape at all, wearing any other type of fins, wouldn't have left you completely in the dust in the situation you describe.

WW

Yes, I have and do use a pair of Force Fins with a dry suit. I'm diving in British Columbia, wearing a dry suit and 25 to 30 lbs of lead. I like my Force Fins. I also have a second pair I use with wet suit boots when I'm lucky enough to find myself diving in Mexico. Hope this helps.

WreckWriter once bubbled...

I believe you posted this once in another thread, right? I asked you then, but maybe not clearly enough, if the other divers who "couldn't keep up with you" were wearing tennis shoes. I find it totally unbelievable that any divers, in any sort of shape at all, wearing any other type of fins, wouldn't have left you completely in the dust in the situation you describe.

WW

my friend was wearing a pair of mares quattros and the other person who i didnt know were wearing a pair for cresi frogs , thats the comparision im going from wreckwriter

my friend was wearing a pair of mares quattros and the other person who i didnt know were wearing a pair for cresi frogs , thats the comparision im going from wreckwriter

They had their feet tied together, right?

geez man you love busting peoples chops, no im just a stronger swimmer then most people because of all the swimming i have done in the past with doing lifeguard work while in the boy scouts , and then using my mountain bike on the hills around the camps

geez man you love busting peoples chops, no im just a stronger swimmer then most people because of all the swimming i have done in the past with doing lifeguard work while in the boy scouts , and then using my mountain bike on the hills around the camps

I'm not busting your chops for grins, I just have an issue with this particular piece of equipment. I tried a pair once; I could have moved faster wearing boots. In my opinion, they are a gimmick with no value to the consumer. I feel compelled to tell the truth as I see it.

WW

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom