Force Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cwtan

Registered
Reaction score
Hi! Just like to find out more about Force Fin.. Divers who had tried any of the Force Fins pls help & give some comments.. Thanks!

Hi all!
Any tips on using the Force Fin? Just bought me a pair of Pro Model Force Fin & looking forward to try it out in the open water.. Thanx!

I've used Force Fins for years. They are not as powerful as Mares Plana Avanti or U.S. Divers Blades, but they are nowhere near as clumsy on a beach dive or when waddling across the deck to the dive platform. The straps don't stay put, but the fin clings to my booties anyway.

use them for years also, have several pairs (pro, adjustable and excellerating) they might be not as powerful as some of the monsterfins - but then, i am not after the u/w speed record either. cant say that i had ever probs with the straps (i use the cordura with adj. buckle) but dont know how that might be with the bungy straps. you will have to change your kicking style to get the full "force" out of them. try a narrow, faster kick (more like swimming) instead of the usual wide and slow. i personally love them and anytime i have to use some other fins cant wait to get back into them - in all fairness i know equal amounts of ppl hating them. best would be to try a pair before you fork out the fairly substantial amount of money for them.

I used force and Mares Advanti Quattro in recreational dive, in terms of comparison, I more in Mares instead of force fin.
Price wise force fin "Too expensive" in Hong Kong.

i know this thread is almost 5 years old, but if folks are gonna post replies.... HERE'S mine!

LOVE the forceFins. wouldn't (won't) dive anything else.

for videography there's nothing better for sculling and staying in place.

have just started having the need for precision diving including 'swimming' backwards. makes it a lot easier than paddleFins and i've never been able to do it in splitFins.

topside some folks grin at ya until they see you able to dance a jig and make it to the back of the boat without looking like a neoprene frankenstein.... the "I" get to do the grinning!!!

meekal:
i know this thread is almost 5 years old, but if folks are gonna post replies.... HERE'S mine!

LOVE the forceFins. wouldn't (won't) dive anything else.

for videography there's nothing better for sculling and staying in place.

have just started having the need for precision diving including 'swimming' backwards. makes it a lot easier than paddleFins and i've never been able to do it in splitFins.

topside some folks grin at ya until they see you able to dance a jig and make it to the back of the boat without looking like a neoprene frankenstein.... the "I" get to do the grinning!!!

i can do the backwards kick in jets and turtles, but my girlfriend uses force fin pros and she wasn't able to do it - at least not on her initial attempts. is the technique the same as with jets or how do you do it? what about helicopter turn?

You mean use force fin in tec dive? any technique?

*Floater*:
i can do the backwards kick in jets and turtles, but my girlfriend uses force fin pros and she wasn't able to do it - at least not on her initial attempts. is the technique the same as with jets or how do you do it? what about helicopter turn?

Jason Ooi:
You mean use force fin in tec dive? any technique?

i wanted to know how do you backwards kick in force fins? (on any dive) do you do it the same way you would do it with jets?

I did backwards and helicopter kick in force fin on recreational dive, did the same technique as jet fin but noticed that not as strong as jet fins.

*Floater*:
i wanted to know how do you backwards kick in force fins? (on any dive) do you do it the same way you would do it with jets?

Back
Top Bottom