Force Fins VS the world (advice for first pair of fins?)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You obviously have NOT read through this thread. I have not advocated that anyone use ForceFins if you are happy with what you are currently using. What I am attempting to do is explain why some people have tried some models and found them lacking in performance.

You have your mind made up without giving them proper consideration. You are one of those that fit the statement:

Do you like anchovies on your pizza?
No, I hate anchovies!
Have you ever tried them?
No, they just look icky, I would never try them!! :rolleyes:

If the fin fits - wear it!!!,

You obviously have NOT read through this thread. I have not advocated that anyone use ForceFins if you are happy with what you are currently using. What I am attempting to do is explain why some people have tried some models and found them lacking in performance.

You have your mind made up without giving them proper consideration. You are one of those that fit the statement:

Do you like anchovies on your pizza?
No, I hate anchovies!
Have you ever tried them?
No, they just look icky, I would never try them!! :rolleyes:

If the fin fits - wear it!!!,

I read through the last multiple threads that took this path when Dan Volker was here. By the way what happened to Dan?

Dan is no longer on ScubaBoard because of something that involved one of the Mods. Someday he might decide to rejoin?

Enjoy your Pizza!

I received the rip force and wow they are smaller than what I thought but the time I spend with them on I could tell they fell really comfy, don't know if that would change with more time one but I guess not.
My wide feet was able to get in without much effort. that coming from the trek mini fin cant recall the name.
I will post a photo later on.

TN Traveler have you tried the Adjustable Foot Pocket Force Fin
Force Fin Adjustable Foot Pocket Force Fin - Speed Pods Not Included
how would they compare to the Rip force.

Dan is no longer on ScubaBoard because of something that involved one of the Mods. Someday he might decide to rejoin?

Enjoy your Pizza!

Dan would love to be back on scubaboard. I think some of the moderators have an extreme hatred for many of Dan's positions on diving, and they don't like having him as a scubaboard member. They banned him for life over a relatively innocuous post.

TN, I have been a way for 6 months or so due to a move. I get back on and it appears you are still playing the exact same FF song as before. I will refrain from throwing my 2 cent in though as we have already had our FF go around. I have 2 sets of fins I want to try out that I would consider buying, Cressi ARA hard blades, and a pair of freediving fins. I have a crazy mindset that the increased cost should equal increased performance/value.

Hi @gkrane

I was just wondering if you had tried FF? I bought a pair of Pros 10 or 12 years ago at a bargain price, mainly to give them a try. I found them OK for flutter kick but relatively poor at other kicks. After giving them a good number of dives, they were retired to the bottom of the neglected equipment closet. They're still there, I may break them out again and give them another try for fun.

Perhaps you saw my recent review of the Excellerating FF Excellerating Force Fins vs. Dive Rite XTs I felt it was necessary to have personal experience before commenting on their performance. Though these fins were not right for me, they had improved performance over the Pros. Clearly these designs require one to alter kicking style, I simply did not have the time or motivation to do this. And....I really like my XTs for all kicks.

I look forward to taking @TN Traveler up on his offer to try his Hockey FF. If you've not had the opportunity, maybe you could find someone local who would lend you some FF to try out

Good diving,

Craig

I received the rip force and wow they are smaller than what I thought but the time I spend with them on I could tell they fell really comfy, don't know if that would change with more time one but I guess not.
My wide feet was able to get in without much effort. that coming from the trek mini fin cant recall the name.
I will post a photo later on.

TN Traveler have you tried the Adjustable Foot Pocket Force Fin
Force Fin Adjustable Foot Pocket Force Fin - Speed Pods Not Included
how would they compare to the Rip force.

I have tried them and find them not stiff enough for my liking. The adjustable foot pocket is comfortable. I prefer my Rip Force since they are stiffer, but they may perform better because I have the whiskers.

Fins will always be a personal preference. It's nearly impossible to find total objectivity in my experience. For instance someone like myself who prefers rubber fins (Rockets, Jets, Batwings, etc...) is going to give favorable input towards that style while others like plastic, or split, or carbon, etc. Find what's comfortable for you and the diving you will be doing. If you are snorkeling I recommend going for a long blade fun and keep your others for SCUBA. One thing I do recommend is own more than one pair of fins. It's just like multiple masks. They're attached by a single strap and I have yet to meet any diver who hasn't lost at least one of each. Dive Safe.

Hi @gkrane

I was just wondering if you had tried FF? I bought a pair of Pros 10 or 12 years ago at a bargain price, mainly to give them a try. I found them OK for flutter kick but relatively poor at other kicks. After giving them a good number of dives, they were retired to the bottom of the neglected equipment closet. They're still there, I may break them out again and give them another try for fun.

Perhaps you saw my recent review of the Excellerating FF Excellerating Force Fins vs. Dive Rite XTs I felt it was necessary to have personal experience before commenting on their performance. Though these fins were not right for me, they had improved performance over the Pros. Clearly these designs require one to alter kicking style, I simply did not have the time or motivation to do this. And....I really like my XTs for all kicks.

I look forward to taking @TN Traveler up on his offer to try his Hockey FF. If you've not had the opportunity, maybe you could find someone local who would lend you some FF to try out

Good diving,

Craig
No I have not tried them out yet. No more Dan Volker?

No I have not tried them out yet. No more Dan Volker?

Dan was banned from SB a while ago. He dives out of the same marina I use in Boynton Beach and was nice enough to loan me his Excellerating FFs. @TN Traveler and Dan are friends. TN is going to loan Dan some new Hockey FF (don't appear to be on the website) made out of a stiffer material, and I am going to try to borrow them someday

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom