for those with Steel 72s...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Second pic with the 6-72 hydro looks like it might be a Norris. I think i can see an "N" inside a diamond between the 6 and 72.

I'm sure the manufacturer marks are in the others too they just don't always stand out.

The problem is convincing other shops of the provenance of the information. This shop is comfortable + rating the tanks and there are several others nationwide. I assume they got the information directly from Norris while Norris was still making LP72s. Regulations say the information has to come from the manufacturer, not another hydro shop. Who knows, maybe they wrote it down in pencil in their logbook after a phone call years ago, works for them, doesn't work for anyone else.
@2airishuman is it possible to ask your tester for the ree they use for Norris? Luis H did have his math with an average of 60.1, but I’d LOVE to see a value from another tester. I had several tanks plus’d in 2020. Dropped off another 6 and they passed but didn’t plus saying they couldn’t find the ree info. Ugh. They asked if I had them!! So I’ll be giving them the 58.4 for pst and the Norris value to see if they will use them. I’ll be asking if they have my 2020 records and if they recorded the ree on those records. If they provide them I’ll record them with my tanks for hopefully future hydros. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom