For those of us who've never seen a Halcyon 10W HID...Pre-Dive Dry Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK, Mo2vation, I've got a question for you: Where did you get that wicked-cool protective beer coozy?!?:bang: And also, what's your method for securing it that looks so solid?

TIA,

Rick

Funky use of the beer coolie - I just use an intact one and slip it over the head while on the surface.

First off, that's a Diet Pepsi Koozy, thank you very much.

A bunch of you guys said you use them to protect the light head in transit... I couldn't figure out how to make it work with the Goodman handle, so I sort of cut it and and fasten it with some looped 1/8" (XXmm) surgical tubing.

KMorley isn't fond of the E/O... whatever. It was part of the configuration on deal of the decade, so I jumped on it. If it sucks I'll repace it and still be ahead.

Aquamaniac had me going, until he referred to himself as a genuine honest citizen...then I knew he was just trollin'.... :D

I like the 6-pack cooler transport system I've read about, too. I have a spare Pelican 1400 box now that I've eBay'ed my Light Cannon - I'll give that a shot first. If its too unruly, I'll have to hit up a beer guy for a cooler.... know anyone?

K

Awww, Semantics and spelling! C'mon, can you point a fella in the direction of a national store that sells them. Please? I'm thinking maybe Target, but I'd rather not waste a trip.

Mo2vation once bubbled...
First off, that's a Diet Pepsi Koozy, thank you very much.

K

Mo2vation once bubbled...

Aquamaniac had me going, until he referred to himself as a genuine honest citizen...then I knew he was just trollin'.... :D

I like the 6-pack cooler transport system I've read about, too. I have a spare Pelican 1400 box now that I've eBay'ed my Light Cannon - I'll give that a shot first. If its too unruly, I'll have to hit up a beer guy for a cooler.... know anyone?

K

Im just jealous as hell:wink:

I saw another one of the new Halcyon 10w heads malfunction today (flooded). That is 2 out of 3 of the people I know that have had problems with them and the 747 just cracked a smile as I turned it on and it performed reliably as always..

O-ring once bubbled...
I saw another one of the new Halcyon 10w heads malfunction today (flooded). That is 2 out of 3 of the people I know that have had problems with them and the 747 just cracked a smile as I turned it on and it performed reliably as always..

Wow another one flooded.So far mine has been great.Got me worried now :eek:

lal7176 once bubbled...

Wow another one flooded.So far mine has been great.Got me worried now :eek:
...it was just a loose bezel. No big deal, light works fine after drying out...

O-ring once bubbled...
I saw another one of the new Halcyon 10w heads malfunction today (flooded).

The good news is that after I got home and dried it out it sparked right up; appears to be working fine. The front of the light head is sealed by pressure from the front bezel pushing the lens into an o-ring (not to be confused with "the" O-ring). Somehow the bezel must have gotten loose. In the future I will make sure the front bezel is tight before each dive.

Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom