For the women of the board--liquid & gel-free alternatives.+

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll be in the air tomorrow. I decided that I'd just check my cosmetics, so if my bag goes astray, people of South Florida be warned!

DocVikingo:
Carry on with flight plans, ladies http://www.usatoday.com/travel/flights/2006-08-17-travel-makeup_x.htm

Regards,

DocVikingo

yes! I knew it.....this is what I was preoccupied with at the first murmur of trouble in paradise. Imagine the women like me in the world, busily reconstituting all their make-up products on the plane, on those long flights to SE Asia!

At least we can all rest assured that our marketplace can respond quickly. Then again, I could wear my burkha which could be pretty convenient now that I ponder that. As long as my civil liberties don't get violated with silly profiling.

That is so helpful, Doc! Thanks!

I always have makeup in my purse, some of it liquid. Didn't think of these easy alternatives! Thanks!

I was in Hawaii last month and wound up checking my makeup on the way back. Hey I agree if they lose my luggage people will have to put up with the way I look au natural.:wink:

I never carry my make up in carryon. I'm lucky if I even have a lipstick in my purse on a given day. I put on long wearing blush, a little mascara, and some light eyeshadow in the morning and it stays on until I take it off in the evening. Never give it much thought. Especially on a plane.

My problem is that mascara. It's the only liquid thing I have in my makeup bag and now I don't have the option of just taking a carryon bag. Although, I did put one of those little sample mascara bottles in my pocket (that you get from Lancome after making a purchase) and got it through security that way. I just wasn't going to check my little overnight bag for a one night business trip. If they happen to search me I was willing to give it up since it was free. I'd just have to go without mascara the following day.

I'm not much of a makeup person myself, but the whole shampoo thing bugged me, I like to travel light and would prefer to throw that kinda stuff in my carry on....There's a company called LUSH that makes solid shampoos, conditioner, makeup remover, and all sorts of fun stuff! I can live without makeup, but I don't wanna be dirty! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom