For all of you Homebrewers out there...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

C_C

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Would you consider using this Digital Pressure Gauge in your setup?

www.mcmastercarr.com Item # 3834K21

The only difference I can find between this and the PSI-Tronix PG-5000 is the accuracy over the scale...what differences do you see?

www.psi-tronix.com Pressure Products/PG-5000

Thanks,
C_C

Oops! The model no. for the Cole-Parmer economyguage is: EW-68111-50. They also have guages with 0.25% accuracy.

Robert:doctor:

A friend of mine has the cole palmer gauge and loves it. It is very cost effective and works great.

Eric

Originally posted by DocRCH
Oops! The model no. for the Cole-Parmer economyguage is: EW-68111-50. They also have guages with 0.25% accuracy.

Robert:doctor:

Nice link! Thanks!

Accuracy.... how good is good enough?

The PSItronics PG5000 is .25% of full scale (10000psi) which means that is is good to 25 psi in the mid range, say 5000 psi.

The Mastercarr and Coleparmer gauges are 1% of full scale so the 0-5000 psi gauges are good to 50 psi and the 0-3000 are good to 30 psi.

Now lets say that in PP blending a 3000 psi jug of EAN32 you are going to add 420 psi of O2...

Using the above gauges, what is going to be your range of FO2?

BTW... Uncle uses a PSItroncis PG2000 at .25% so the measurement at midrange is good within 5 psi.

But I think I will pick up one of the Mastercarr or Colparmer gauges for my argon fill whip... they're close enough for that :wink:

Originally posted by Uncle Pug
Accuracy.... how good is good enough?

The PSItronics PG5000 is .25% of full scale (10000psi) which means that is is good to 25 psi in the mid range, say 5000 psi.

The Mastercarr and Coleparmer gauges are 1% of full scale so the 0-5000 psi gauges are good to 50 psi and the 0-3000 are good to 30 psi.

Now lets say that in PP blending a 3000 psi jug of EAN32 you are going to add 420 psi of O2...

Using the above gauges, what is going to be your range of FO2?

BTW... Uncle uses a PSItroncis PG2000 at .25% so the measurement at midrange is good within 5 psi.

But I think I will pick up one of the Mastercarr or Colparmer gauges for my argon fill whip... they're close enough for that :wink:

My question is... would it be a consistent error or a random one? I mean if it was consistently 50psi over or under you could figure that out pretty quickly and adjust accordingly. If it were more random then that would be a hard thing to do. Anyone have experience with this??

DSAO!

Originally posted by WYDT
My question is... would it be a consistent error or a random one?
If it were consistent then it would be taken care of by the zero function and the gauge would be marketed as .000% error.

By definition the 1% error is unpredictable.

BTW thanks for reminding us to check Mastercarr....
I was going to get a Coleparmer until I saw this thread....
But I ordered the Mastercarr one yesterday. :D

Originally posted by Uncle Pug

If it were consistent then it would be taken care of by the zero function and the gauge would be marketed as .000% error.

By definition the 1% error is unpredictable.

Good point!

DSAO!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom