Food secret in Nassau

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zonicles

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
We have been connecting in Nassau for many years on our way to/from the Out Islands of the Bahamas. At lunchtime, at the Nassau airport, several women will show up in the parking lot with homemade native food that they sell out of their vehicles. It is wonderful and reasonably priced.

This is such a treat that I thought I'd pass it along. Because we usually charter planes, we arrange things so we don't miss this. The freshest fish! cobblers! barbeque! Pigeon peas and rice! Mmmmm.

Any time in my years going to the Bahamas out islands or the main islands I think ONLY the native food is worthy of eating, As the Islands have to basically import everything what the locals eat is what I eat and it's GREAT! and at as you said fair prices.
mmmm peas & rice,some BBQ chicken that's livin after a day on the water!
Brad

Any time in my years going to the Bahamas out islands or the main islands I think ONLY the native food is worthy of eating, As the Islands have to basically import everything what the locals eat is what I eat and it's GREAT! and at as you said fair prices.
mmmm peas & rice,some BBQ chicken that's livin after a day on the water!
Brad

Sounds a lot like "Fish Fry" (Arawak Cay). I wonder... is it still there? Anyone know?

Now' THERE'S good eats!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom