Flying into Cancun, Ways to get to Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mrmiller

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Flying into Cancun end of Jan. Wondering what covid has done to travel in getting to Cozumel. Are ADO buses running, taxis and ferry schedules.

I've often taken ADO from CUN to the ferry in PDC but in the midst of a pandemic I would definitely get a private shuttle.

We use a pvt driver who is very reasonable...google..bag drag thread...you'll find his contact there...then share it, ill need him next week :)

google..bag drag thread
That will give you hits for a drag bag, which is used to carry sniper rifles, and may get you on a list or two.

Searching this forum for bag drag will overwhelm you with hits.

Private vans with economical rates come and go. Maybe someone can give you real information in time.

I can't search my phone for the driver many uses or I certainly would have...his contact info is in numerous threads under Bag Drag...

All American van service. Jose, very reliable. 01152 998 201 1720

Dave Dillehay

Winjet and Ultramar are doing the duopoly thing and have agreed to run reduced schedules on alternate days. They are doing quite well for themselves in reducing costs and running the ferry at full capacity and above.
They also have different schedule times. Their websites may or may not be accurate, it's best to check their Facebook pages a day or two in advance to see who is operating on your date and at what time. Pre-purchased tickets are not any help as they are good for about 6 months and sold from multiple locations so don't they really know how many passengers will show up but on the positive side is they seem to load all the passengers that line up.

I flew into CUN for a trip to Cozumel Aug 27 - Sep 5. Based on recommendations here we used Air Canada transfers for a private van between CUN and the ferry in Playa. You don't need to be from Canada to use them, lol. They are a good sized operation with lots of drivers, plus they'll bring you beer or wine to drink on your ride if you're into that sort of thing. I think I had them bring 2 beers for me and 2 for my wife. It was $2 USD each.

One thing to note if your trip crosses over months. The Winjet and Ultramar ferries alternate days. Back in Aug, 1 had "odd" numbered days and the other had "even" numbered days. However, since there are 31 days in August, the "odd/even" split switched when we went to Sept. Not a big deal, but I thought I would be coming back on 1, and wound up coming back on the other. Same thing will happen from Dec to Jan. Its every other day, not 1 company has odd, the other has even.

Heading back Feb 4 (can't wait), although we're staying at our normal resort in Playa del Carmen.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom