flushing toilet paper not allowed mexico?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

About 5 years ago 5th Ave in PDC was being repaved. At first I thought the new flexible gray pipes where electrical conduits. Turns out those were the sewer lines. Probably 4" in diameter with lots of twists and turns. Easy for me to see how they could clog easily.
They buried flexible pipe under a street...?! :shocked2:

No joke they had 5th Ave torn up right in front of the Tequila Barrel to replace the asphalt with paving bricks. It is a pedestrian street and the pipe had to be flexible since they had to dodge the water service. Like I said, easy to see how it could get clogged and this was new construction. With infrastructure like that, every little bit helps.

For some reason the text in my earlier post didn't show up but the picture I posted was taken in coz. I'm not sure but I think it was taken at paradise beach. That was the only time we heard anything about it. We stayed at Cozumel Palace and there were no such signs (that I noticed). It really is a non-issue, but I would take my t.p. home in my carry on if thats what it took to spend time in Cozumel.

:turd: :turd:

Lived in China a couple of years ago, brand new apartment, top notch design to the latest building standards - paper down the can certain to cause blockage and back up -- was told by owners it's abnormal to put the paper down !

Everywhere else I've been in Asia pretty much the same.

:turd: :turd:

Lived in China a couple of years ago, brand new apartment, top notch design to the latest building standards - paper down the can certain to cause blockage and back up -- was told by owners it's abnormal to put the paper down !

Everywhere else I've been in Asia pretty much the same.
China is also one of many Asian countries to use human waste as crop fertilizer, not sludge - just "night soil," which was common even in Japan until 1955. From http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2008/08/080821-human-waste.html
Nearly 200 million farmers in China, India, Vietnam, sub-Saharan Africa, and Latin America harvest grains and vegetables from fields that use untreated human waste.
Back to Cozumel, which I trust is not among the "Ten percent of the world's population relies on such food," let's flush the paper.

Give me a plunger and some laundry bleach for my room, please...

DandyDon

Enjoy the flush - must admit I break the rules often in Taiwan, but have yet to see a carrot on a market stall with a tissue paper wrapping :wink:

Cheers, from rainy Taiwan.

Sorry about that, I thought for sure my statement would be recognized as "tongue in cheek", or "butt on bowel" or something like that. We have no restrictions on TP down our toilets as we are connected to the main sewer system in Cozumel and we make sure our pipes are big and clear. Indeed I would be very surprised if the Barracuda was not as well, given the strict laws here now. If you see such a sign it must be cultural or lousy plumbing.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers
Villa Aldora

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

So you are saying you thought everyone knew you laid a big pipe? Just making sure I understand....

:popcorn:

Dandy Don sure knows his...ummm, crap!

Maybe this was why the warhammer maneuver was developed?

Back
Top Bottom