Florida Spring Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Triple Knot

Registered
Reaction score
Hey fellow divers, need your help.

My cousin and I are wanting to go diving this weekend. He hasn't been diving since Clinton was in office. He feels he needs to take it easy on this dive. I respect that. He wants to go to a freshwater spot. We have been to Paradise Springs, Blue Grotto, Devil's Den, Rainbow River, Ginnie, and Crystal River. Oh and Troy Springs. We want to find another spring that isn't full of tight caves. Something like Ginnie Spring (the main spring) that has a huge cavern room.

Any suggestions?

Oh, has to be deeper then 35 feet atleast 50.

Thanks!

Manatee Springs has a nice wide cavern, but the vertical distance is not
far, unlike the Ballroom at Ginnie.
it's still a nice dive if you have cavern minimum. goes to about 70
feet before the cave starts.

You can dive Orange Grove (at Peacock Springs) which has a nice cavern, but
deeper (down past 100). it's a more advanced cavern dive because of the depth
and it easily silts.

Blue Spring (near Daytona Beach) has a large crack-style cavern, down to
about 60 feet. past that, it's cavern only.

i can't think of anything else

A few of us will be diving Blue Springs this Friday. It's a pretty good spot for a refresher. 60' ft crack of a cavern then a nice drift dive in about 15'.

scroll up to the trips and marketplace section. Some of us are getting together Saturday for a spring dive but we just don't know where. Ginnie is the best but because of the holiday Blue Grotto may be less crowded.

Hey Mark, where we divin this weekend? I gotta get this dang Georgia dust washed outta my mouth.
Chris

I suggest Blue Springs if it is not too far of a drive. It is like a large crack with ledges all the way down. You can get to about 65 to 70 ft without lights. I've dived at Devil's Den, Ginnie and Crystal River and I think the dive compares with those. It's a state park so it is cheaper than Devil's Den or Ginnie, you just may run into some crowds especially being a holiday weekend. However, that will be the case just about anywhere. Early in the morning or later in afternoon are the best times.

Good luck and have fun whichever you choose.

D. :14:

I have to be in Orlando on Thurday & Friday and my wife and I are planning on stopping off at Ginnie on Saturday on our way back to TN.

If anyone will be there, let us know and maybe we can meet.

This will be our first adventure diving at a spring/cavern.

TN Traveler:
I have to be in Orlando on Thurday & Friday and my wife and I are planning on stopping off at Ginnie on Saturday on our way back to TN.

If anyone will be there, let us know and maybe we can meet.

This will be our first adventure diving at a spring/cavern.
some of us are doing blue springs on friday. you should tag along

Itote:
Hey Mark, where we divin this weekend? I gotta get this dang Georgia dust washed outta my mouth.
Chris
I thought you dropped off the face of the earth boy. Welcome back to the fold:D

I have several people in the Tampa area that want to go spring diving Saturday. My suggestion would be Blue Grotto over Ginnie just because of the Holiday crowds. I'm trying to reach a happy medium with the experence, equipment, distance, cost and fun levels. If we do decide to go to Ginnie we need to be there early to at least get a shot at the water before it is covered with people. Check out the Tampabay divers messages and the one in Trips.

There is always next weekend too......

How far are you willing to drive? Morrison springs has a big cavern that you could swallow Ginnie's Ballroom alive...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom