Florida is Out of Control

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nemrod

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
Florida is out of control. The people there need to do something fast. I read about underwater amusement parks and some kinda stupid Atlantis crematory on hundreds of acres out of Key Biscayne. Soon the developers will rip up the reefs and pave them for underwater Walmarts. This is totally insane and hugely detrimental to the environment. How does this crap happen? N

Tell us how you REALLY feel, Nemrod! :D

The Wal-mart will be a Super Wal-mart. It will offer air fills, and a mask washing station, complete with snorkel scrubbers. The memorial cemetary will be available for renting on special occasions such as weddings, funerals, and company picnics. Should you require more information, please contact us at Glubglub@duhunnerwatercity.net

HAHAHA don't forget the underwater condos.

One bedroom half bath for only $500k!

MantaRey:
HAHAHA don't forget the underwater condos.

One bedroom half bath for only $500k!

:D Yes, and I am sure you will be able to take out an interest only loan, no money down, and a term of about 40 years:D Gotta love S. Florida...

OK, jokes aside, how is this different from the sinking of an aircraft carrier (for example) in regards to "damage to the environment." Here in the PNW there has been a big push for the creation of artificial reefs -- why not in Florida?

OTOH, the notion of building a "city" that is a crematorium is, shall I say, a "bit" bizarre? Only in America....

There's actually been an artificial reef project that incorporates cremains into the structures for a while. The difference with this project is the Disney aspect to the whole thing.

I have to say... I'll dive it :D

Rachel

Peter Guy:
OK, jokes aside, how is this different from the sinking of an aircraft carrier (for example) in regards to "damage to the environment." Here in the PNW there has been a big push for the creation of artificial reefs -- why not in Florida?

OTOH, the notion of building a "city" that is a crematorium is, shall I say, a "bit" bizarre? Only in America....

I agree. If they are done right and divers respect the environment, all of this could be very benefical to Florida's marine ecosytem.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom