Florida Dive Spots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Atlantic in Ft Lauderdale?
Exit 52 off of I-95, is Atlantic Ave in Delray, also known as SR806. In the old numbering system (pre 1989), it was exit 42. Now it's 52. 52A goes east. 52B goes west. East gets you to the ocean. Lauderdale is another 20 or 30 miles south from there.

Reactions: Ana
Can anyone recommend shore diving in Ft Lauderdale/Jupiter/Miami area?

We will be visiting in mid December and would like to see as much as possible. It looks like at least some of the sites in this thread still exist, but I'm sure things have changed since 2004 :)

We will be visiting in mid December and would like to see as much as possible. It looks like at least some of the sites in this thread still exist, but I'm sure things have changed since 2004 :)
Blue Heron Bridge. Be sure to check the tides.

Exit 52 off of I-95, is Atlantic Ave in Delray, also known as SR806. In the old numbering system (pre 1989), it was exit 42. Now it's 52. 52A goes east. 52B goes west. East gets you to the ocean. Lauderdale is another 20 or 30 miles south from there.
Is it Atlantic Ave? The original post called it Atlantic Blvd.
One is Delray but the other is Pompano. As you mentioned, it is 20-30 miles apart, closer to 35.

The reference to LBTS and @Scuba_Jenny calling it Pompano, makes me think the post may be describing a site in Pompano.
Shore diving is not my thing, just bringing it up for the sake of accuracy.

There is shore diving in Broward-- Deerfield to Hollywood, basically wherever you can get a parking spot.
Yes, some places are better than others.
Deerfield, north and south of the pier
Pompano, 8th -12th streets, south of Atlantic.
LBTS
Ft. Lauderdale - Oakland ridges. Further south: north of Sunrise on the strip where parking is close to the water.
Dania Beach - south end of the parking lot
Hollywood - wherever you can get parking. Better north of Johnson St.

Bring a flag- mandatory.
Hide all valuables in your car. Some places are more sketchy than others

Is it Atlantic Ave? The original post called it Atlantic Blvd.
One is Delray but the other is Pompano. As you mentioned, it is 20-30 miles apart, closer to 35.

The reference to LBTS and @Scuba_Jenny calling it Pompano, makes me think the post may be describing a site in Pompano.
Shore diving is not my thing, just bringing it up for the sake of accuracy.
I believe that Atlantic ave is Delray. & Atlantic Blvd is Pompano. They are about 20 miles apart. Delray is further north. Both are north of Fort Lauderdale. Looking back, I think that you are correct. The original post referred to Atlantic Blvd & I quoted exit numbers for Atlantic Ave.

Good catch. Thank you.

It seems that the little underwater hotel in the Keys has found a new reason to make the news -

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom