Suggestion Florida Conchs - SW Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
ReefGuy

ReefGuy

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
FWIW, I still HATE the division that's been done to the conchs (time isn't making it any better). This is the worst move I've seen on this board. Guess that's what I get for being ambivilant when the noise was being made.

If we're going to divide the conchs up, though, please create a forum for Southwest Florida. SW Florida does not identify well with either South Florida or Central Florida, and the dives that I do are now being posted in two forums, which is a pain.

I'm asking for a South West Florida Trips & Local Marketplace.

OK... Hey, lets not forget Panhandle diving! They are different than north FL as they have shore dives with the occiasional boat vs. springs. See, SWFL is different 'cause we either look for fossils from fish or fish to make into fossils after we shoot and eat em vs. the east coast where its dive/party/dive/lobster/diveparty/etc...

Of course, currently we are testing hurricane preparedness. :)

El Orans:
Can you tell me where there's still a reference to East?

There never is, that was the point. When people talk about the SE corner of Florida, they usually drop the East.

:silly: :smiliee:
CBulla:
...dive/party/dive/lobster/diveparty/etc...
And the problem with that is?:monkeydan

Don't forget the red-headed stepchildren in the Keys. We're not any kind of South Florida, although the dive/party/dive/lobster/party/party/party/dive concept still applies :D

Rachel

Maybe it should be resplit, to: The Keys, Tampa (cause they think they need their own forum, or are too good for the rest of us, or somethin'), and the rest of Florida.

Back
Top Bottom