Flights to Red Sea

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

holy cow, are those business class? i just booked business class return in feb for $2100 Toronto to hurghadha through cairo. coach were $1100 CAD....money off the trip makes up for it i suppose though.

in the end its all a small price to pay, you will have a blast.

holy cow, are those business class? i just booked business class return in feb for $2100 Toronto to hurghadha through cairo. coach were $1100 CAD....money off the trip makes up for it i suppose though.

Thats a very good price. Which airline please?

Lucky you. Business class would cost me $4950.

Lucky you. Business class would cost me $4950.

Maybe not in February, they wouldn't

So February is a slow season in Egypt? That would be fine by me as February is my time to hit the sky slope in Utah.

I notice starting 2020 Red Sea Aggressor fleet will return the 8D/7N price back to $2455, more than twice of some of the liveaboards over there. I see some of the nice looking liveaboards in Liveaboard.com like Blue Seas is < $1000, others like Samira Discovery is < $800, for the same 8D/7N Trip in February 2020. I understand Aggressor is a good liveaboard company. I have been on Palau Aggressor II & Maldives Aggressor II. However, I can’t see the justification of the Red Sea Aggressor Fleet to charge twice, 3x more than the competitors. I’d guess that they would drop the price back to $1450 again to survive in this still slow market, which would be good for us.

I notice starting 2020 Red Sea Aggressor fleet will return the 8D/7N price back to $2455, more than twice of some of the liveaboards over there. I see some of the nice looking liveaboards in Liveaboard.com like Blue Seas is < $1000, others like Samira Discovery is < $800, for the same 8D/7N Trip in February 2020. I understand Aggressor is a good liveaboard company. I have been on Palau Aggressor II & Maldives Aggressor II. However, I can’t see the justification of the Red Sea Aggressor Fleet to charge twice, 3x more than the competitors. I’d guess that they would drop the price back to $1450 again to survive in this still slow market, which would be good for us.

The 2018 trip I mentioned above was on on RS Aggressor and was heavily discounted at the time; 2020 trips will almost certainly start to see some discounts at some point. Given overall flight costs any of the boat discounts seem like background noise to me (coming from NA). I'm picking the boats/schedules I want before chasing deals when heading East/West. To my eye thus far I've perceived (but I'm by no means an expert) discounts start appearing at about 6 months out and they try and decide if a trip is viable around 3 months for locations with many boats (Caribbean, RS). Longer for specialty locations.

If any of y'all want to help fill up the Feb 27, 2020 Explorer Ventures Red Sea departure.... I'm told 6 more to make sure it runs....

Wow,
i knew Agressor to be pricey, but not that much.

Those prices will come down to what the market can absorb. Those high prices are their “regular” prices. I suspect they’ll be closer to current “sale” prices but you just need to wait for them to come down. At least that’s what’s been happening for the last several years with the Aggressor boats in the Red Sea.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom