Flight Transfer Time Going To San Pedor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

akirawut

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi,

I am wondering how much time one needs to allow between arrival into BZE and departure on one of the local airlines for San Pedro - and then the same question in reverse for the return trip?

Thanks,
-Tom

I'll derail my own thread with a couple follow up questions:

Recommendations for best place to rent a gas powered golf cart from?
And recommendations for non-cattle boat dive ops in San Pedro (ignore this last one if you want, I will give the forums a good read through;]).

thanks

It doesn't take long to get to the local departure gates. We left about an hour between arrival and departure the second trip we made. The return time takes the same but we always check in 3 hours before International flights to try and get emergency exit seats and a nice leg stretch for my long legs on the trip home.

There are two airlines operating puddle-jumpers. Both run flights every hour and the trip takes around 20 mins. If you book in advance with Tropic Air so they know you're coming they'll ensure you get to San Pedro that day even if your incoming flight is horribly delayed. That doesn't apply of course if they don't know you're coming, and it doesn't apply to Maya Island Air.

My personal recommendation for a dive op for local diving is Welcome to Island Divers Belize (small despite their on-line hype!). I'll leave someone else to answer about the golf cart, as in ten years I've never rented one.

I should have said - allow maybe 40 minutes for Customs & Immigration formalities. It's quite variable though and can be quicker. Rarely is it slower.

Go with Peter's recommendation for a dive op. Much better than the other shop we started with last October.

We used Tropic and our bags went out on the flight before ours. Not a problem, they were absolute luggage tag Nazi's on the San Pedro side. When we left, there was a hurricane (small one) due to make landfall the next day. Tropic stepped up and did their dead level best to get everyone off the island. I think it was a flight every thirty minutes. A quality operation that I would not hesitate to recommend.

One tip, they allow passengers to sit in the copilot seat. Best seat in the plane!

Thanks for all the info. That's what I needed to hear. Also the tip about the copilot seat, I am definitely going to look into that!

Concur re Tropic Air. Booked in advance, and they were expecting me. Pleasant, professional, seamless flight both ways.

We rented golfcarts from Island Tour Rental in Feb, but has some problems with the golfcarts and their service, will probably use Island Adventures on my trip in October, they were recommended by our hotel. With all the tax and insurance we paid about $320 for a week.

When I flew from Placencia to BZ City on Maya last month, they asked that the lightest passenger be the one to take the co-pilot seat. That got a lot of laughs.

There isn't a lot of room behind the control column so fat people needn't apply.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom