Flight prices within Indonesia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GirlonFire

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello Indonesia experts!
I am wondering if prices tend to fluctuate on airfare on domestic flights. Looking at Google Flights, the prices are higher then average.
Is it worth waiting to see if they will go back down or just bite the bullet and book at a high price?
The route I am looking at is Bali to Alor in August.

Thanks

Try looking on Nusatrip and see if that helps.

Suggest booking all flights early, like months ahead, so you know you're on a plane. I book all my Indonesia trips in Jan/Feb for diving in Oct/Nov. I also have a great agent in Bali that tracks everything for me - AquaMarine Diving in Bali.
Alor flights from/to Kupang are turbo-props, so not a lot of seats available.

Suggest booking all flights early, like months ahead, so you know you're on a plane. I book all my Indonesia trips in Jan/Feb for diving in Oct/Nov. I also have a great agent in Bali that tracks everything for me - AquaMarine Diving in Bali.
Alor flights from/to Kupang are turbo-props, so not a lot of seats available.

Agreed. Booked!

Try looking on Nusatrip and see if that helps.
Be very careful with NUSATRIP. I booked Indonesian domestic flights with NUSATRIP for a trip in February 2019 an two of the flight were cancelled weeks before I arrived in Indonesia and was never notified. When I got to the airport in Jakarta I was told my flight was cancelled and they rebooked my out two days later. I didn't have two days so they rebooked me out that afternoon and ended up spending the in Makassar airport. Same thing happened on my return to Jakarta and was a day late and it cost me $200 USD to get my flight out of Jakarta changed.

Be very careful with NUSATRIP. I booked Indonesian domestic flights with NUSATRIP for a trip in February 2019 an two of the flight were cancelled weeks before I arrived in Indonesia and was never notified. When I got to the airport in Jakarta I was told my flight was cancelled and they rebooked my out two days later. I didn't have two days so they rebooked me out that afternoon and ended up spending the in Makassar airport. Same thing happened on my return to Jakarta and was a day late and it cost me $200 USD to get my flight out of Jakarta changed.

Wow, that's bad news.

I know that Indonesian flights get cancelled regularly. Even Garuda has cancelled on me whilst I was mid route and they put me on a completely different routing that took an extra flight and many extra hours. I wasn't notified until check in for what I believed was to be my last short leg.

But this worries me about nusatrip because your cancellations didn't happen the same day as your flights.

Wow, that's bad news.

I know that Indonesian flights get cancelled regularly. Even Garuda has cancelled on me whilst I was mid route and they put me on a completely different routing that took an extra flight and many extra hours. I wasn't notified until check in for what I believed was to be my last short leg.

But this worries me about nusatrip because your cancellations didn't happen the same day as your flights.
My advice would be to check on your flight with the airline before you depart. I didn't and paid the price. At least I got stranded in bigger places and not in a village with only one or two flights a day.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom