Booking with Nusatrip, traveloka etc

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diveUAE

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi all

I'm looking to book domestic flights in Indonesia. I'm aware about the cc problem using a foreign cc on any of the sites, but it seems like that's just one problem.

Now I started looking at reviews about traveloka, nusatrip and Tiket - seems they all have a bunch of negative reviews:-/ Everything from cancelled flights that does not get refunded (or is refunded with voucher) to wrong names on tickets. On trustpilot there are a LOT of 1 time reviews raving about one of the sites .... (and 1 person with 6 reviews ONLY reviewed that site)

All of this makes me nervous about booking 1500 us$ worth of tickets with any of them (4 persons flying to Alor and onwards to Labuan Bajo). On our previous trips I've always used airmiles that was connected to my husbands UAE cc, but since we moved to Denmark he no longer has that card:-(

So what are your experiences? Do I have any other options? We have 9 nights in Bali, before we fly to Alor - if I wanted to take the risk of flights being sold out, is there somewhere I can go and purchase the tickets? (like a travel agent or similar)

Thanks!

I'd advise you to book the tickets as soon as possible. From what I have experienced last weeks (I'm back from a trip in the Phils) many domestic flights tend to be full as airlines have not resumed full rotations and capacities while people still expect to travel. (That said I reckon ARD is not the most frequented hub in Indonesia.) Ticket prices have risen spectacularly in the last month as well.

I haven't had any problem purchasing directly on LionAir website the DPS-ARD tickets with my european credit card (3DS 2.0 biometrics authentification), it seems from past threads that many cards from countries outside the EU are not working. I suspect a problem with the customer authentification process supported by your PSP/bank: it is NOT as I have read, due to Indonesian companies who supposedly are not accepting foreign cards.
If you have a EU based card it should work.

In the past I have been able to get refunds or ticket changes directly from LionAir, it takes some efforts and patience but does work in the end.

Other option : sometimes the dive operator can be helpful booking for you the tickets with a little handling fee on top, it would also help you dealing with the local issues . Maybe you should ask them.

Thanks Luko. Yes, prices has indeed gone up. Since our cc is from EU I will try directly with Lion air - or contact the dive op.

Batik also worked with my (european) cc with no problems back before covid 19.
When possible avoid third parties (like nusatrip, tiket.com etc). Once I got a flight canceled (Jakarta Sorong * 4pax) and never managed to get taxes back (couple of hundred euros if not mistaken).
Nusatrip claimed that it is Batik who should pay us, Batik claimed nusatrip should pay (as they did with the normal fare). After A LOT of e-mails and TIME back and forth I (and my Indonesian wife) gave up trying.
They are very good at this kind of things. They delay replying e-mails and when they do, they give irrelevant info or ask for extra things. Once provided with the requested info they delay again and then ask for more irrelevant things or things provided already. Then they repeat this procedure until the customer gives up.
All the best.

They are very good at this kind of things. They delay replying e-mails and when they do, they give irrelevant info or ask for extra things. Once provided with the requested info they delay again and then ask for more irrelevant things or things provided already. Then they repeat this procedure until the customer gives up.
Been there done that :wink:
Lesson one is never use mail but phone. Unfortunately for the poor guy who replies, my wife can be very difficult to convince...

Thank you both! Just successfully booked the flights direct with Lion air. As I already stated I do not like 3rd parties and try to avoid, I was just under the impression that it was not possible in Indonesia.

So happy I asked here and got good advice - hopefully it can help others as well.
Been there done that :wink:
Lesson one is never use mail but phone. Unfortunately for the poor guy who replies, my wife can be very difficult to convince...
I think I'm a bit like your wife then - I once got SAS to pay for us flying CPH-OSL with another airline as SAS was on strike (for the gazillionth time - never fly SAS if you can avoid) - on tickets my husband booked with his eurobonus miles. But was a bit of a :swordfight:

Thank you both! Just successfully booked the flights direct with Lion air. As I already stated I do not like 3rd parties and try to avoid, I was just under the impression that it was not possible in Indonesia.
Thanks for informing.
It confirms my suspicion that it is the customer's bank and authentification type that is the cause, not the whole indonesian companies nor banking system.
Were you using a 3DS 2 authentification system as well? (ie. fingerprint or facial recognition not just a code sent by SMS to confirm the transaction)

Thanks for informing.
It confirms my suspicion that it is the customer's bank and authentification type that is the cause, not the whole indonesian companies nor banking system.
Were you using a 3DS 2 authentification system as well? (ie. fingerprint or facial recognition not just a code sent by SMS to confirm the transaction)
In Denmark we have something called “NemID” (easy id if I translate directly) it’s used to verify your identity in everything from tax and public sites to web bank and using your cc online.
When I use my cc for a purchase I’m directed to a page, where I enter my username and code, then log into the “NemID “ app with fingerprint or Face ID and confirm the purchase. So yes 3DS.

So yes 3DS.
You mean 3DS 2.0 (the 2.0 is very important), 3DS is different as it "only" sends a code that you must enter to confirm the payment while the 3DS 2.0 verifies your physical Id.
I'd tend to believe that the older 3DS process might be ineffective on some of the indonesian websites.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom