Flash

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jester1226

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I have the external Pixtreme flash PX22 I believe is the model number. The flash does not fire when hit with the internal flash of my IC700. But it will flash when it is being turned off. IS there any way to correct (fix) this or is my flash just dead?

Last edited:
Intova contact info:
Intova Customer Service
930 Mapunapuna St.
Honolulu, HI 96819

Tel: 808-837-0074
Email: Customerservice@intova.net

A Return Authorization (R/A) is required

what do u mean it will flash when turned off?
are you using a diffuser?

When you turn the unit to the off position, it will flash (it is discharging the capacitors). No diffuser. Holding it directly in front of another flash that should fire the sensor. Nothing...

hmm well i use the iss 2000 intova strobe and it has preflash settings. you have to set the preflash setting correctly in order for it to sync with a camera. mine is at setting 2 for my intova and canon alike.
im wondering whether your strobe/flash has the same

I understand the sync settings. It does not flash at all, except when it is being turned off to discharge the capacitors.

you mean it does not flash with your internal flash even on land?
have you tested it out on a dark room and tried to sync it there?

sometimes when the ambient light is quite bright on a shallow dive or clear day my strobe will not detect my internal flash. this is usually what those fiberoptic cables are for.

if it still cant syn on land id say return it

I have even tried firing a flash a few inches in front.

Love the way the Rep stayed away from this. Was thinking about buying an Intova light, SuperNova I believe it is called. Don't think I will be spending $300 on a company that can't even take the time to address issues with their products.

Back
Top Bottom