Fixing Fins - Help Please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
When I took my US Divers Blades out of storage, I discovered that they had taken a curve - the wrong way, of course. They curve upwards, so thrust would be lost. Probably stored incorrectly.
I am wondering if this problem can be corrected. I imagine applying heat would help.
If so, do you think a heat gun or a portable hair dryer might be of use? I don't think boiling water would be hot enough.
Can you think of another way to repair them?
I think USD made a number of different fins under the "Blades" name, so I will try to attach a stock pic of their kind of USD Blade.
thanks,
Cappy

They are yellow with black ribs:
5.usdivers.blades.fins.jpg

Last edited:
A like problem was fixed by propping them by the end of the fin, so that the foot pocket was applying an opposite force to the curve, and just waiting a day or so. I did leave them in the sun to speed the process.

A like problem was fixed by propping them by the end of the fin, so that the foot pocket was applying an opposite force to the curve, and just waiting a day or so. I did leave them in the sun to speed the process.

Hey thanks - I will give it a try. - Cappy

Lay them flat in the sun, on concrete.
It might even take an entire day given the ridiculous heat we are having this November in SoFla.

Chug
Has been baking fins for many years.

Last edited:
Certainly wouldn't be an option here (currently sitting at 4 deg C).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom