Fitness Challenge Donations... WOW!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It means that Pete was attempting to get a trademark. But, he abandoned that attempt as of January 2006 by not responding to the Trademark lawyer's request for additional information and specimens of use. At which point it became a "dead" mark

Lawyers can make things a whole lot harder than they have to... If you search for scuba at the uspto (US Patent and Trademark Office) uspto.gov, you can find about anything you want to concerning living and dead trademarks in the U.S.

NETDOC is actually trademarked, as is NETDOC.MD

Here's one for you...

Jimmy Buffett was given a Trademark on December 26, 2006 for:

Volcano Nachos

CoolTech:
Incorrect. Fonts are considered by their path for that reason. Fonts are essentially just paths
Incorrect?

So essentially what your saying is, hypothetically anyone who uses say the Sprint logo (with permission), has to licence the font independantly. Or closer to home any dive shop/website that uses a manufacturers logo on it, which is made from a licensed font must also license the font for their site or any print advertising it places it on. Wrong!

My point with the text to paths is that you dont' have to have the font installed on your computer to retain the appearance of the logo (text) to place it on your design.

Now if you were going to write "Fitness Challenge" in the same ScubaBoard font, then yes you would need the font and subsequent license, but not to use the existing SB logo.

Essentially when you license a font you (usually) agree to not distribute the font set, but original works that include the font characters are yours to do with as you please, by converting the text to paths you do not need to distribute the font set with a source file. Therefore your not violating your licensing agreement.

But like I said, sorry I brought it up.

I think it is beautiful. Great design and graphic. I love it. Hey, I'm done 9 1/2 lbs. :rofl3: JK It's more like 2.5

shark.byte.usa:
Incorrect?

So essentially what your saying is, hypothetically anyone who uses say the Sprint logo (with permission), has to licence the font independantly. Or closer to home any dive shop/website that uses a manufacturers logo on it, which is made from a licensed font must also license the font for their site or any print advertising it places it on. Wrong!

My point with the text to paths is that you dont' have to have the font installed on your computer to retain the appearance of the logo (text) to place it on your design.

Now if you were going to write "Fitness Challenge" in the same ScubaBoard font, then yes you would need the font and subsequent license, but not to use the existing SB logo.

Essentially when you license a font you (usually) agree to not distribute the font set, but original works that include the font characters are yours to do with as you please, by converting the text to paths you do not need to distribute the font set with a source file. Therefore your not violating your licensing agreement.

But like I said, sorry I brought it up.
Since we were not discussing any other logo, or font, I was referring to the license for this font only. This font allows for installation on 2 computers in the same facility and a single printer (person or company to print it). It also requires a listing of how the font will be used with descriptions.

Each font is licensed by the developer or company that designed them. You cannot compare anyone's logo or font with anyone else's. Only the licensing can be compared

===
edit added -
I need to also add that this is for the design side. The printer can break it apart and print it without issues. Only the designer is caught by this issue. If the designer breaks it apart, you run a large grey area of infringement

That design kicks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom