fishing in Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

compton384

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi Guys, I was just wondering if anyone has done any fishing charters while in Bonaire? I'm leaving on Friday and will be there for a week. I'm not 100% sure I want to take the day away from diving but I do love fishing too. So, a couple questions:

1. What are the good charter companies?
2. Anyone else going to be there that would be interested in splitting a charter? or anyone know a good way to find some other people who might be interested?
3. If I don't get around to going fishing, where is the best spot for buying fresh fish to cook?

Thanks guys! So excited about getting back underwater!

I second Captain Chris. Buying fresh fish is hit or miss. I do well at the brown house before Sonrisa Ballpark in Tera Cora. Go around 4 PM. The sign will say "tin pisca" or "aki ta bende piska" if they have fish. Another spot is Doie Diaz next to Richards Restaurant.

Vince and Ann are right, if you want to go fishing, Chris of Piscatur is the best. Done many trips with him. He's fun to talk to and we've always caught fish.
You can also consider doing a guided Lionfish hunting dive on the east coast/wild side and hit two birds with one stone.... a great dive + fish.
Bas

are you going fishing for a meal or just to kill the fish?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom