Fisheye Scuba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Twiddles

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Just heads up for Sacramento Area divers. New dive shop in town :yelclap:. Fisheye Scuba has opened in Folsom. Directly across from Folsom outlet stores. FishEye SCUBA - Welcome!. PADI shop, tank fills, dive trips, gear checks and FULL SERVICE. Wife and I have been looking for awhile in Sacramento area for that FRIENDLY dive shop with all the ameneties and we are very happy with them. Check them out if your still looking or if your passing by.

In case you had to ask, Twiddles and family is in no way affiliated, just dam happy to have a nice shop close by.

Just heads up for Sacramento Area divers. New dive shop in town :yelclap:. Fisheye Scuba has opened in Folsom. Directly across from Folsom outlet stores. FishEye SCUBA - Welcome!. PADI shop, tank fills, dive trips, gear checks and FULL SERVICE. Wife and I have been looking for awhile in Sacramento area for that FRIENDLY dive shop with all the ameneties and we are very happy with them. Check them out if your still looking or if your passing by.

In case you had to ask, Twiddles and family is in no way affiliated, just dam happy to have a nice shop close by.

The owners are very good friends of mine that I met thru diving and are two of the nicest people you will ever meet. They took their love and passion for diving one step further and opened up FishEye Scuba. The store is very wll layed out with a wide selection to choose from.

They are having a Folsom Chamber of Commerce Official Ribbon Cutting Ceremony on Wednesday October 24th at 5:30 pm. There will be free food and beverages plus give aways! Stop on by and say hello. The address is:

307 Iron Point Rd.
Folsom, Ca

Cool. I'll have to check it out. Maybe they'll get to a level to challenge Dolphin a little bit! :D
I'm just off 50, so this is pretty close. Have you been to diver's cove? I've wanted to check them out and called to get directions and the whole call was disturbing. It was like the guy didn't want to help me at all and told me I could get the directions on the Internet.:confused: well duh.
So, I did some research and got mixed reviews of them and never stopped in there shop because of my experience.

But I will definitely check FishEye out.

LOL, yea my wife and I stumbled upon them when we were first looking for Fisheye. Met up with a nice diver in the parking lot, but shop was closed. Seems its sort of a quasi hobby for the owner so your kind of hit and miss. Never met owner and shop was locked.

Wife and I got most all of our gear from Dolphin two complete sets and I guarantee you not one person in that shop could tell you either of our names. The ONLY reason they got my business is because I was unaware of Scubaworld, I wanted my gear purchase to go to a real LDS and Fisheye hadn't opened yet.

My local shop review after about $4,000 in purchases:

Sport Chalet = Cheap prices, limited good gear, limited gear knowledge, and big box store feel (if you know what I mean).

Dolphin Scuba = Moderate prices, better gear, poor sales staff (they will sell you, the most expensive everything, whether its what you need or not), elitist attitude (every single person made sure I knew he was an expert instructor/diver), they must be doing something right they are the biggest around.

Scubaworld = Moderate prices, limited gear selection but good gear, somewhat helpfull staff, more of what we were looking for in an LDS, whole shop seems to revolve around group of divers (SWS) and dive trips.

Elk Grove Dive Shop = Have no idea, tried three times to enter shop door was always locked and never even saw any gear through the window....

Fisheye = What I think an LDS should be. You want to look, look, you want to tell me fish stories love to hear em, you want information how can we help. Never felt put down, hustled or unimportant. Oh and I have been there three times and they already know my name (yea I know its trivial, still makes you feel good though).

I got certified through Elk Grove Dive Shop because a friend of mine was an instructor there. She has since moved to Singapore. My wife and I have done rentals through them as well. I like the owner. Nice guy, but they don't have much as far as product and most of the rental gear is pretty beat up. It's a weird atmosphere in there since it's a UHAUL rental place too. You're not missing much, but there are some pretty good instructors there.

I don't even want to start in with Dolphin. There are a couple of people there I like and respect, but the last time I went in, we had a little bit of an argument about the way I wanted to route my hoses and it was really stupid. I ended up walking out that day. But I have bought most of my equipment through them. They're kind of like the candy store of diving around here.

I don't even want to start in with Dolphin. There are a couple of people there I like and respect, but the last time I went in, we had a little bit of an argument about the way I wanted to route my hoses and it was really stupid. I ended up walking out that day. But I have bought most of my equipment through them. They're kind of like the candy store of diving around here.

That's pretty bad. I've had that issue with getting trimix with them. I just don't put up with anybody anymore. As a customer you shouldn't take anybody's crap!

If they don't know this already, FishEye Scuba may be interested to know that in 1942, G.L. Walls wrote about the significance of the bulging, all-around vision of fishes. Most other things with eyes we are familiar with don't have "fish-eyes," their view is narrower. He wrote that fish need wide-angle views because of their "lack of a neck."

Walls, G.L. (1942) The vertebrate eye. Cranbrook Institute of Science Bulletin No. 19 785

If they don't know this already, FishEye Scuba may be interested to know that in 1942, G.L. Walls wrote about the significance of the bulging, all-around vision of fishes. Most other things with eyes we are familiar with don't have "fish-eyes," their view is narrower. He wrote that fish need wide-angle views because of their "lack of a neck."

Walls, G.L. (1942) The vertebrate eye. Cranbrook Institute of Science Bulletin No. 19 785

That's pretty cool stillhope. Thanks for sharing that. I didn't know.

LOL, yea my wife and I stumbled upon them when we were first looking for Fisheye. Met up with a nice diver in the parking lot, but shop was closed. Seems its sort of a quasi hobby for the owner so your kind of hit and miss. Never met owner and shop was locked.

Wife and I got most all of our gear from Dolphin two complete sets and I guarantee you not one person in that shop could tell you either of our names. The ONLY reason they got my business is because I was unaware of Scubaworld, I wanted my gear purchase to go to a real LDS and Fisheye hadn't opened yet.

My local shop review after about $4,000 in purchases:

Sport Chalet = Cheap prices, limited good gear, limited gear knowledge, and big box store feel (if you know what I mean).

Dolphin Scuba = Moderate prices, better gear, poor sales staff (they will sell you, the most expensive everything, whether its what you need or not), elitist attitude (every single person made sure I knew he was an expert instructor/diver), they must be doing something right they are the biggest around.

Scubaworld = Moderate prices, limited gear selection but good gear, somewhat helpfull staff, more of what we were looking for in an LDS, whole shop seems to revolve around group of divers (SWS) and dive trips.

Elk Grove Dive Shop = Have no idea, tried three times to enter shop door was always locked and never even saw any gear through the window....

Fisheye = What I think an LDS should be. You want to look, look, you want to tell me fish stories love to hear em, you want information how can we help. Never felt put down, hustled or unimportant. Oh and I have been there three times and they already know my name (yea I know its trivial, still makes you feel good though).

I am very sorry to hear of your experience at Dolphin, I know the owner very well and a very good person he is!! And that Incident you went through is far and few between!

I also know Kate and Tom , Owners of fish-eye also very great people, Kate was one of my Instructors as well!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom