Fisheye FIX for the S90

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

my set:
24584_401650540959_176477380959_4896445_6968015_n.jpg

and here some shots fm Palau:
4506423613_9782144090.jpg

4506378245_f28a893499.jpg

4506396305_f433d7c975.jpg

4507033206_a93997f878.jpg

4506398679_3ced6701a5.jpg

4506407749_676dab52d4.jpg

4507048258_9a4575c657.jpg

4506411491_d65f6f83dd.jpg

Ciaoooo !!!

I am back from my last dive trip in Palau where I could try my new toy:

Canon S90 +FIX housing
Flash Inon 2 x s2000
Wide Fix uwl-04
Macro inon 2x ucl-165
Focus light 1 10 bar
Marcio,

I also have Canon S90 +FIX housing, Flash Inon s2000 and a focus light. Researching lenses and adapters to them (Nemrod, Compudive and other people at the forum are helping a lot).

What adapters do you use for these lenses? How difficult to change them under water? Great photos! Can you please comment on what lenses you used for them and at what zoom (fl)? The clown fish, for example?

The UWL-04 is large so I see that you put your light on some extender higher.

Thanks

Very nice photos! Congratulations! Am I seeing just a little bit of vignetting in the upper right corner of a few of the shots or are my eyes playing tricks on me?

I have exactly the same goal. I did not realize it was difficult to go from macro to wide angle with these things. I assumed one could flip the lenses out of the way and mount the wide lens. I too was considering this route, on the advice of Reef.

You may have just saved me some bucks and aggravation. Could you explain this issue to me?

I might add that if it weren't for my desire to have this dual ability on each dive, I would be all over one of the micro 4/3 options out there.

You can't mount another lens without completely removing the flip-down lens. It doesn't allow simultaneous mounting of another lens. This is according to Reef, actually... I haven't seen the flip lenses in person yet.

If you're comfortable threading accessories on and off underwater, it might work, but finding a place to put the macro lens while you're shooting wide angle might be a pain as well.

Nothing beats the bayonet AD connectors for ease of underwater swaps. Well, I guess the flip down lens does, but only for normal to macro... normal to wide angle or macro to wide angle gets a lot more complicated.

And finally, the Inon macro lenses are +6 each, so a doublestack is +12, which is a bit more powerful than the Fix lenses. Cheaper, too, and easier to re-sell.

Thanks for the great photos, occasional minor hint of vignetting is not to be unexpected, I think it is the image stabilization shifting around coupled with a wide open aperture.

N

Compudude: Thanks for the details. I don't really understand why reef recommended a wide angle and the flip down lenses when I explained I was specifically interested in having both wide and macro capability on the same dive....

Nemrod: I don't disagree...just asking.

Spoke with reef again today. Ryan (whose knowledge on such things is extensive) maintains the best quality from the S90/Fix is from the UWL-04, despite the fact the Inon lenses will work. Maybe I should get the UWL 04 and the Inon UCL M67 lenses?

Although I am far from new to photography, my underwater photography has been rather limited and I have no experience with the thread-on wet lenses. So, for those who know...how much of a pain is it to attach and remove these babies in a warm water / no gloves environment?

I am beginning to wonder if I were to decide stick with the AD mount lenses, maybe I would just get an OEM housing and the new Inon AD mount.

Spoke with reef again today. Ryan (whose knowledge on such things is extensive) maintains the best quality from the S90/Fix is from the UWL-04, despite the fact the Inon lenses will work.

LOL, yeah, and on that we will just have to agree to disagree. I will be ordering a UWL-04 and I have the adapter on back order. Then we will find out for real because I will shoot them back to back. As I have said before, my belief is there will be very little difference.

BTW, the OEM housing Inon mount is for 28AD, not AD and Inon clearly states it will only support the 28AD mount wide angle lenses and will of course support the AD macro lenses. The truth is??

N

I am not in a position to agree or disagree. I don't know...just looking for information, sharing what I hear, and trying to make the best decision....:D

If nothing else maybe I should get the less expensive option...the UWL 04 and if it later turns out I can "upgrade" to Inon AD or 28AD mount lenses I could do so.

Back
Top Bottom