Fisheye FIX for the S90

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Orders are being taken by both Reef and Backscatter for the lens adapters. Backscatter has up photos of the AD, ST, 67mm units with a variety of lenses including the Fisheye lens and it looks GOOD to me.

One photo shows the Inon 100-28AD with dome on the camera and it looks like an excellent match and fit, I am very satisfied with what I see. Looks like it is time to place an order with your favorite underwater camera store.

Mine is on order.

N

Is the lens pictured in the ST Mount page the Fix UWL-04??? Doesn't look the same as other shots I've seen of it, the lens hood is different... Anyone know?

Is the lens pictured in the ST Mount page the Fix UWL-04??? Doesn't look the same as other shots I've seen of it, the lens hood is different... Anyone know?

Can only speculate, either they are using an Inon dome lens as a stand in for the pic or FIX has a new lens that look like it was made by Inon.

The grooved inner shades is different and lack of allen screws (?) on the back side indicate a factory installed dome instead of a kit dome that is user installed like the Inon. It has been rumored that FIX had a new all glass lens, maybe that is it?

N

This might not be news, but I'm very pleased to see that Fisheye have shown pictures of the performace of the UFL-165AD lens using the 28AD mount. I am assuming this means that they are compatible, which is great news, and the following images show the performance aint too bad:

Heading showing the good news:
icon_lens_W08.jpg

Without zooming there is bad vignetting
lens_ex_30.jpg

With a bit of zoom (not specifiied how much unfortunately, but assuming 35mm):
lens_ex_32.jpg

Looks good enough for me :)

Can anyone who gets their hands on the S90 housing and a fisheye lens give us feedback on how secure the fitting is?

Do you feel like you need to hold onto the lens when handling the housing to make sure it's secure? Especially with the UWL-04 or the 28AD with Dome.

Thanks

The FIX adapter threads onto the port, then a clamp secures it from rotating. I have the 67mm on order, when I get it I will certainly answer your question. I have been told it is fine.

As to the Inon 165AD-FE, that picture indicates that the 28AD mount is holding it a little to far out. If you look inside the vignetted area you can see that the FOV is as wide as the FIX. My tests indicate I can get the full 165 degree FOV with this lens on this housing without vignetting. I will mount it to the 67mm FIX adapter using my custom AD/67mm adapter and I am about 95% plus positive it will work very well. Could be wrong but I doubt it.

I borrowed this photo from FIX, sorry, this represents the estimated view I will endeavor to get as a minimum with the 165AD.

lens_ex_30.jpg

N

Thanks Nemrod,

I think you should make a deal with Ryan and start mass-producing your M67 to AD converter :)

Thanks Nemrod,

I think you should make a deal with Ryan and start mass-producing your M67 to AD converter :)

I have been told that 10Bar(?????) makes one now, don't know if it is the same as my DIY or not.

Spacing is critical with these lenses to get their maximum benefit. Ryan is welcome to make whatever he wants and I wish he would. :D

Mine is on order, I wish I would get it soon.

N

I have been told that 10Bar(?????) makes one now, don't know if it is the same as my DIY or not.

Spacing is critical with these lenses to get their maximum benefit. Ryan is welcome to make whatever he wants and I wish he would. :D

Mine is on order, I wish I would get it soon.

N

DiverVision carries most of the stuff 10bar makes, so I checked their site, and lo and behold, they do have a 55mm to AD adapter. It looks a little thick, though, so I'm not sure if it would work as well as yours.

10Bar Adaptor Ring for 55mm Thread to INON AD Mount #FL-AR-ADF-M55

I also found this, which is curious, although I am uncertain of the application: INON AD Mount Converter for UCL-165AD Lens #456212143231

DiverVision carries most of the stuff 10bar makes, so I checked their site, and lo and behold, they do have a 55mm to AD adapter. It looks a little thick, though, so I'm not sure if it would work as well as yours.

10Bar Adaptor Ring for 55mm Thread to INON AD Mount #FL-AR-ADF-M55

I also found this, which is curious, although I am uncertain of the application: INON AD Mount Converter for UCL-165AD Lens #456212143231

I believe the AD coupler in your second link is a corrector lens to prevent extreme vignetting with some housing/camera combination when shooting macro only. It is not applicable to the wide angle AD lenses like the 105AD and 165AD. I could be wrong but I think that is what it does.

I do not think you will need that coupler for shooting macro with the FIX housing and 28AD mount and 165AD closeup macro lens. Could be wrong there also.

N

Can anyone who gets their hands on the S90 housing and a fisheye lens give us feedback on how secure the fitting is?

Do you feel like you need to hold onto the lens when handling the housing to make sure it's secure? Especially with the UWL-04 or the 28AD with Dome.

Thanks

I have the 28AD adapter and have installed it. The middle piece (with the flange) screws on nicely. Do not over tighten or the screw will jump the threads. The first piece (according to my earlier description) clamps onto the middle piece and holds it from moving. It is a good, secure, connection when both of them are installed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom