Fischer connector ? on VR3 external ppO2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hornetplt

Reaction score
My VR3 just returned from repair in England and ppO2 readings are way off, migrating between .6 and 1.8 with sensor exposed to air at sea level. I did the usual cleaning of external connections and all appears to be ok wrt "cleanliness of connection". I then checked the internal wiring connection(white,blue wires) inside the fischer connector and don't think they are connected(soldered) to the proper "slot" (male side of connector). It appears I have fixed by moving blue wire and resoldering to slot#2. ppO2 readings are now consistent and match up. I would appreciate it if someone could open their VR3 fischer connector and take a look to ensure I did this correctly. The reason for the repair to begin with was fischer seal compromise causing corrosion inside sealed area. VR3 cleaned it up but it appears they didn't reattach correctly. I attempted contact over a week ago and haven't received response yet. Maybe it was the tone of the letter.......any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hornetplt

I have had probs with my vr3 too...my Vr3 will not calibrate properly and so I have been unable to use my O2 sensor. It seems we have similar problems.

I am not going to open mine up but would you mind if I copied your post and sent it to deltap with my complaint too???? Again.

Obviously, anonymous for you because you've unscrewed your vr3 and hence the warranty..... after understandable frustration.

boogey

hornetplt:
My VR3 just returned from repair in England and ppO2 readings are way off, migrating between .6 and 1.8 with sensor exposed to air at sea level. I did the usual cleaning of external connections and all appears to be ok wrt "cleanliness of connection". I then checked the internal wiring connection(white,blue wires) inside the fischer connector and don't think they are connected(soldered) to the proper "slot" (male side of connector). It appears I have fixed by moving blue wire and resoldering to slot#2. ppO2 readings are now consistent and match up. I would appreciate it if someone could open their VR3 fischer connector and take a look to ensure I did this correctly. The reason for the repair to begin with was fischer seal compromise causing corrosion inside sealed area. VR3 cleaned it up but it appears they didn't reattach correctly. I attempted contact over a week ago and haven't received response yet. Maybe it was the tone of the letter.......any help would be greatly appreciated.

Believe it or not on the early VR3s there didn;t appear to be a standard on how to wire the vr3 connector..
I checked a dozen or so early units for another manufacturer so that he could have the same pin out.. of the units I checked the polarity of the wiring was split almost down the line..

If the polarity is used its very easy to change the polarity by just swapping the order of the pins on the molex connector.. should take you under a minute..

Thank you Padi and Boogey for your responses. Boogey, you are more than welcome to use my post in discussion with DeltaP. I personally will not deal with them anymore nor use any of their products(hopefully the "self" fix on my will hold up for a while :)), which is unfortunate because for the most part, their product is solid. It is the follow up and apparent lack of concern for resolving my problem, which is their problem because the repair work they initiated was and is still not complete.....and believe me, it wasn't cheap. I have no faith in the fischer connectors after months of laboring over the root cause of my issue. Still no response from them.

Boogey,
Just to clarify.....VR3 repaired my corroded fischer connector; after they returned it to me "repaired" it would not functioning properly as stated in previous post. I opened the fischer connector itself(male side), not the bulkhead female that mounts to the computer itself(which would nullify warranty) to see what kind of work they did. Well, they didn't fix it. In any case, I wasn't about to ship it back to England for them to have a try at it again! I would open yours up and take a look, you can do no damage and it is simple to put back together. I do this now on a regular basis to look for corrosion. PM me if you have anymore questions.
Brian

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom