First trip to Philippines and I have a few questions (Sabang Beach area)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was in Sabang last April, I took about $200 cash with me for emergencies or when I cant get to an ATM. At the airport in Manila, take out enough pesos
to last a few days. Walk next door to the money exchange booths and exchange about $100 to small bills. They will come in handy for the porters at the ferry
and again to help carry you dive gear off to your hotel (2$ is a nice tip). In Sabang, if you have USD to change, the tropicana hotel lobby has excellent rates
(better than airport or atm). When you need cash and the Sabang ATM doesnt work (which it wont) hop on a bike or trike (another 2$) and use the ATM in
town at PG. It's nice to get out of Sabang and the drive is very scenic. I had no problems with them. You can even take out the max amount more than once and from more than one ATM.

I read on another post a member booked his El Galleon trip with Bluewater Travel and was able to use his cc and avoided the 5% fees as well. Since I buy all of my camera gear from them I sent them an email and seeing if the rates is the same or better than booking directly with El Galleon.

I read on another post a member booked his El Galleon trip with Bluewater Travel and was able to use his cc and avoided the 5% fees as well. Since I buy all of my camera gear from them I sent them an email and seeing if the rates is the same or better than booking directly with El Galleon.

That was me. :D I got my 3X bonus points with my CC since they are a travel merchant and I still get some travel coverage/benefits from the card.

Highly recommend you do the Action diver/ootb package deal. The guides have a lot more experience with a small well oiled operation.
Pay Action when you get there in USD. Use hotel safe for rest. Change what you need for other stuff
Package includes accomodation and 2 dives per day. Pay for extra dives in USD at end.

Highly recommend you do the Action diver/ootb package deal. The guides have a lot more experience with a small well oiled operation.
Pay Action when you get there in USD. Use hotel safe for rest. Change what you need for other stuff
Package includes accomodation and 2 dives per day. Pay for extra dives in USD at end.

I have stayed at OOTB before and be sure to check the rate. I just put a request for a booking on their website and they offer 2 dives for the length of stay not 2 dives per day. I maybe wrong so I suggest to confirm with the resort. That said it is a great place to stay as I have stayed there in the past. I have dived with Action and I agree they are great to dive with...I will dive with them twice this year...March and July.

That was me. :D I got my 3X bonus points with my CC since they are a travel merchant and I still get some travel coverage/benefits from the card.

I just did the same thing with Bluewater Travel for El Galleon. I am going in October.

Six more weeks and counting. I am ready to go now...:( I got a lightly used gopro 5 with a tray and some video lights to hopefully get some good pics for my computer wallpaper, just installed some new wheels on my dive gear bag, got my regs serviced and some new hard sole dive boots, some new shorts (I expect to bake when I am there since it is always about 70-75F and low humidity in San Diego), a selection of books and movies on my tablet... If I didn't have my plane tickets already I would extend my trip a few days as I'm not sure that 9 days of diving will be enough :wink:.

Six more weeks and counting. I am ready to go now...:( I got a lightly used gopro 5 with a tray and some video lights to hopefully get some good pics for my computer wallpaper, just installed some new wheels on my dive gear bag, got my regs serviced and some new hard sole dive boots, some new shorts (I expect to bake when I am there since it is always about 70-75F and low humidity in San Diego), a selection of books and movies on my tablet... If I didn't have my plane tickets already I would extend my trip a few days as I'm not sure that 9 days of diving will be enough :wink:.

Have a good trip I will be heading there first 2 weeks in July. The weather will certainly be warmer than SD but what you will notice is the humidity...you won't really bake it is more like cooking in steam...

The weather will certainly be warmer than SD but what you will notice is the humidity...you won't really bake it is more like cooking in steam...

I will be the first to jump into the steamer and let you know how it goes. :wink: I leave Monday night but won’t hit PG until May 3.

Test dive your regs before you go. Seems like 4 out of 5 issues are with regs "just serviced".

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom