First trip to Philippines and I have a few questions (Sabang Beach area)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Test dive your regs before you go. Seems like 4 out of 5 issues are with regs "just serviced".

Agreed. I am trying to do a couple dives here in the kelp beds in a couple of weeks to check out my gear. Worst case I will jump in the community pool with my gear. Just waiting for my steel 120 to come back with updated hydro and VIS inspection.

Anyone ever use Sea Riders dive shop and the Habitat Guest House. I saw it on Airbnb and am interested. Also what is the water temperature in the area? Will a shortie suffice or do I need a full 3 mm?

Anyone ever use Sea Riders dive shop and the Habitat Guest House. I saw it on Airbnb and am interested. Also what is the water temperature in the area? Will a shortie suffice or do I need a full 3 mm?
Unless you want to dive with commie chinese otherwise I will give this place(Sea Riders) a miss! Try Frontier or Blue Ribbon or even South Seas(through its old web site).
Water temp is around 28C and air temp is few more degrees higher.

Unless you want to dive with commie chinese otherwise I will give this place(Sea Riders) a miss! Try Frontier or Blue Ribbon or even South Seas(through its old web site).
Water temp is around 28C and air temp is few more degrees higher.

I wondered why all the Airbnb reviews were in Mandarin. Too bad, the place looked nice. I guess I could stay there and dive elsewhere.

On the surface or at depth?

Both. There have been some thermoclines down to 76 (though brief and you can try to swim around or out of it). I'd say temperatures averaged 80-84 at depth. Highs may have reached 86 or 88 at surface though very briefly and only on a couple of dives.

Just booked my Air Juan flight to PG for next Sunday. Only one more week... :bounce:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom