First time to dive Mexico Caves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Chedraui store in Puerto Aventuras has small plastic tarps, if you don't want to pack a mat. Tarps are awfully nice for keeping the limestone dust out of everything.

The problem was finally resolved by the Air Canada people who had one of their ramp employee bring my battery on the plane, it was waiting for me on my seat.
eyebrow.gif
WOW, that's a MAJOR nono on their part!

WOW, that's a MAJOR nono on their part!

If people knew what is going on behind the scenes.

Intelligent persons can certainly use their judgment to circumvent stupid decisions imposed by stupid people in authority.

Unfortunately I don't have access to a set of double AL's. I tried hard to find someone who had a set.
Tammy,
I have two sets of AL80's with me, and a few more in the DC area. If you can figure out a way to get some from here to there, you're welcome to mine.

Tammy,
I have two sets of AL80's with me, and a few more in the DC area. If you can figure out a way to get some from here to there, you're welcome to mine.

I very much appreciate the offer, but I have to pretty much work until the day before we leave (I have the weekend off, but I'm teaching). DC is probably a 10+hr trip from my location. Sigh...... maybe things will slow down a bit while down there. Thank you for the offer. It may be a PITA, but I'll get things figured out,... one way or another.

Hi Tammy,

If you are diving wet in a 5mm, you might not need any weight with AL80's. I don't. When I am diving dry, which is the case these days, I just use a 4 or 5lb tail weight. I dove a 3mm with a 3mm hooded vest for quite a few years and was fine. A 5mm with a vest will be fine, I would suspect. I wouldn't spend too much time worrying about it..the caves are 78 or 77 degrees all the time. If you are use to 130's, the AL80's will feel like feathers on your back.

Have an awesome trip...and don't sweat the small stuff.

Karen

Hi Tammy,

If you are diving wet in a 5mm, you might not need any weight with AL80's. I don't. When I am diving dry, which is the case these days, I just use a 4 or 5lb tail weight. I dove a 3mm with a 3mm hooded vest for quite a few years and was fine. A 5mm with a vest will be fine, I would suspect. I wouldn't spend too much time worrying about it..the caves are 78 or 77 degrees all the time. If you are use to 130's, the AL80's will feel like feathers on your back.

Have an awesome trip...and don't sweat the small stuff.

Karen
Thank you for the info! Very useful. I have no doubts it will work out.

Have fun Tammy and safe travels!
Be sure to keep us posted it possible your thread is awesome for traveling to MX.
I will get there but probably not till 2013 the way this winter is going.
Hope to see you in N FL this spring.

Pics would be great and I am certain your report will be incredible!

CamG Keep Diving....Keep Training....Keep Learning!

Have fun Tammy and safe travels!
Be sure to keep us posted it possible your thread is awesome for traveling to MX.
I will get there but probably not till 2013 the way this winter is going.
Hope to see you in N FL this spring.

Pics would be great and I am certain your report will be incredible!

CamG Keep Diving....Keep Training....Keep Learning!

I will see what I can do about pictures. I am not yet comfortable with taking a camera into the cave environment, but a couple of the SO's going are OW certified & our instructor may take them on some cavern dives. I have no problems with taking the camera into the caverns.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom