First Time To Cozumel In April- Diving Recs, How Far To Book Ahead?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And since Tres Pelicanos is popular with local and repeat divers, the divers tend to spread out more. You rarely see more than a few divers stay beside the DM. So if it is your choice, you can get very personal attention. I would let them know your preference and if you want critters pointed out. And of course tip accordingly. :wink:.

This is exactly what 3P's in known for and why I recommend them for highly experienced divers just as I recommend for newbie divers. As many divers in 3P's small groups are quite experienced and enjoy the freedom 3P's offers, that leaves newer divers with basically a dedicated DM if they elect to stick close to him. 3P's by its design offers experienced divers the freedom they want but also delivers a level of support and oversight that is "almost but not quite" like having your own personal DM for those who need/request it and want to stick close to the DM on their dives until the feel comfortable to venture out a bit on their own.

Have a great time. Looking forward to a review when you get home.

Well I'm signed up to dive with Tres Pelicanos on April 14, 15, 17, 18, and 20th! Cenote Xperience on the 19th.

Awesome and welcome to the family! I say now you can kick back, relax and "inhale deeply... exhale completely". I am totally confident everything will go according to plan. You are in store for an absolutely fantastic dive experience. Do post a review of your experience here on Cozumel Scubaboard for the benefit of all. We all love to hear the great, good, average, bad and downright ugly.

Last edited:
I think we are settled too- still have to book our rooms- think we are going to stay at Villa Escondido and going to dive with Blue XT Sea. Would also love to dive with Tres Pelicanos- but Christi has been really lovely and wonderful with her communication- so feeling really excited to dive with her outfit and her Dive Master's. Feels like a good fit :)

We arrive April 7 at 4:30 to Cancun.. thinking of ferrying it across that evening so we wake up on Sunday at the BandB Thinking we will Dive Monday.. :) Excited!

Back
Top Bottom