first time to Coz, trip report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Christi:
Thanks for the report! Glad you had a good vacation!

Too bad you didn't make it to Guido's, they have excellent food. Prima is OK, but I think Guido's is much better.

Was the seafood place you ate for lunch called El Faro by any chance? Back in the Corpus Christi neighborhood? That place is great!

I'm going to have to check Bonaire out. I have heard such great things about it, but I had no idea it was that affordable!

Did Bonaire in late June.
stayed at happy holiday homes. was great
food expensive around town compared to Coz
diving great. had my first whale shark encounter.
overall good bang for the buck

one thing Crime!Crime! Crime!
leave nothing in your vehicle, leave vehicle windows down and doors unlocked.
take everything inside at night and lock all windows and doors
check it out over on the Bonaire Talk sight.

parrotman:
as far as deals on Bonaire. I suggest looking for a house to rent over staying at one of the resorts. We usually rent a place on the beach depending on how many people we have in our group. Last year we rented a big place on the water and it cost $34 per night per person for lodging. Add that to $99 bucks for a week of unlimited diving and you have a pretty inexpensive vacation.

Sorry, I guess I didn't make myself clear; I meant deals on air fare. The best I have found so far has been about $1200. Paying that much to fly will offset a great deal of savings in other areas. The other thing is the travel time; I can get from my bedroom to the Cozumel airport in a little over 6 hours, and that's with a plane change in Houston.

BTW, I stayed cheaper than that on my last trip to Cozumel in a nice waterfront hotel, and I had unlimited shore diving for free. Of course, the shore diving on Cozumel is not that great.

I hesitate to point out the obvious, but of course the diving is cheaper on Bonaire: no boat, DM, etc. But you do need to rent a car.

ggunn:
Sorry, I guess I didn't make myself clear; I meant deals on air fare. The best I have found so far has been about $1200. Paying that much to fly will offset a great deal of savings in other areas. The other thing is the travel time; I can get from my bedroom to the Cozumel airport in a little over 6 hours, and that's with a plane change in Houston.

BTW, I stayed cheaper than that on my last trip to Cozumel in a nice waterfront hotel, and I had unlimited shore diving for free. Of course, the shore diving on Cozumel is not that great.

Hmm, don't know where you shop for airline tickets. I fly from either SFO or Sacramento and the most I have ever paid for a ticket to Bonaire was right at $700. My friends flew out of Dallas on our last trip and paid $546 r/t.
Aside from all of that, since your happy with Coz, can get there quicker and cheaper, can dive for less. Then I say, stick with Coz...

Back
Top Bottom