First time out on sidemount - Good time!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is is very interesting to see an actual video of those Faber HP100 tanks in sidemount, thank you for sharing it. I wonder how these tanks trim when they get empty, and how well different techniques (weights, messing with attachment, etc.) address the issue with getting butt floaty. A picture is worth a 1000 words, and a video is worth a 1000 pictures... do you happen to have a video with the tanks closer to 500psi? When I get another pair, they will probably be Faber HP100s... it would be good to learn from your experiences.

I started with a pair of Faber FX100 (3442 psi) tanks for my Stealth sidemount rig. Since they shift toward neutral buoyancy as they become empty, I thought they would be reasonable to manage. While they trimmed out fine when clipped into the big door handles of the Stealth buttplate, they were too heavy to unclip at the rear and push forward. They also got tail light as they approached 500 psi, and had to be re-clipped to forward rings on my waist belt to remain in proper trim.

I eventually banded them together as a back mounted doubles. I like them better that way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hey guys,

The last few minutes on that video I only had about 600 PSI on my tanks... The manufacturer says they are -0.59lbs empty. To me they felt nice and really not unmanageable or too tail light. I am not a cave diver nor do I plan to cave dive. I do mostly wreck dives. I did play with them by un-clipping them and move them forward and honestly it was not too bad, obviously not as easy as All"s would be... In a cave setting I'm sure it would be a different story! I guess if I start finding them to be getting floatty I'll try cam-banding 2 or 3 pounder weights to the tails.... Otherwise I love having a lot of air!

In Sea Water with Valve: HP100
Service Pressure:3442 psi
Buoyancy *Full:- 8.41 lbs
Buoyancy * Empty:- 0.59 lbs
Weight Empty:34.0 lbs
Outside Diameter:7.25"
Length:25.3''
REE:86cc

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom