first time in saltwater with new sp350

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LiteHedded

Contributor
Reaction score
PB180019.jpg

PB180024.jpg

PB180029.jpg

PB180042.jpg

PB180043.jpg

PB180048.jpg

PB180058.jpg

PB180059.jpg

PB180064.jpg

PB180067.jpg

PB180068.jpg

PB180076.jpg

PB180089.jpg

PB180092.jpg

this was my first time taking my new toy in saltwater. I was down to about 90' and it didn't flood....so I got that going for me :D

calypsonick:
Looks like a fruitful trip. The lighting on the first moray is cool. How did you do that?
I didn't :D
I think another diver's strobe was going off at the same time
all I have is the internal flash

Good work...you did a better job with only an INTERNAL flash than others have done with an EXTERNAL flash! Shooting close is the key point and you did just that, in fact the only time you picked up some backscatter is when the other diver's flash (external to you) fired into you picture.

LiteHedded:
I didn't :D
I think another diver's strobe was going off at the same time
all I have is the internal flash

I noticed the same thing on the first eel shot. Nice timing. How did you synchronize your shots with the other photographer? Was it a count of three? :eyebrow:

When shotting nature the subjects do not pose for you and as a result many of the best pictures are actually accidental (at least for me!!).

Jim G

The pictures are great, I have been spending hours in the last two days researching this camera, I think your good photos have just pushed me over the edge to go ahead and order the camera, now I need to decide what housing and where I will get it.

I love this little camera
and I did have backscatter but i used the spot healing brush in photoshop to clean it up a bit
and I used my modes or whatever it's called
someone posted their mymode settings for macro and wide angle. turns out their macro had the shutter speed too fast (i think they have external strobes) and I got a lot of very dark pictures. some I was able to save because I shot everything in RAW. but their wide angle settings (1/125 I think) worked very well and gave me some really great images.
everyone here always says get close and then get closer so I did and it worked great. great color and no backscatter when I did that.
the shots of the green morey had the most backscatter because he was BIG and I didn't wanna lose any fingers :)
there's more images in my gallery from these dives btw.
and Crawl79 I use the olympus pt-030 housing for what it's worth

ejg62:
When shotting nature the subjects do not pose for you and as a result many of the best pictures are actually accidental (at least for me!!).

Jim G
yea I had some shots of some gorgeous fish that turned into pictures of fish butts :)
kind of a bummer

Back
Top Bottom