First time in Cozumel help needed!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

muha

Registered
Reaction score
I am planning my diving vacation in Cozumel for the firs time, there is a lot of information about it, but itÃÔ very confusing. I would be very grateful if somebody who knows this place share their recommendations!
I will travel alone in the end of December and would like to stay in quiet, nice, secure and budget please and dive every day. Also, I would be very thankful if you let me know the price range for accommodation and diving in Cozumel.
With best regards!!!!

I am planning my diving vacation in Cozumel for the firs time, there is a lot of information about it, but itÃÔ very confusing. I would be very grateful if somebody who knows this place share their recommendations!
I will travel alone in the end of December and would like to stay in quiet, nice, secure and budget please and dive every day. Also, I would be very thankful if you let me know the price range for accommodation and diving in Cozumel.
With best regards!!!!

If you are looking for Budget, Pepita may be your answer. NO frills, but I have heard clean. It is walking distance to various low budget meals as well. I don't know if Pepita's rooms have a fridge or not, but you could perhaps purchase an inexpensive cooler, keep it with ice and store sandwich making foods and snacks. This can keep your meal expense down for lunch and even breakfasts. There are also many taco places and comida corrida's that serve very inexpensive meals. Regardless, if you stay in town you also save on cab fares as well. That is of course if the dive op you choose picks up at the Aldora pier. Diving is another story, there are SO MANY to choose from. My recommendation is to do the Cozumel Dive Operation search here on Scubaboard. May a list of 5 that are of interest to you, then contact the Dive Op's directly with your questions. ie: availability, price, where they pick up divers. SS

PS: Also, take a look at the Sticky at the top of the Cozumel forum. Christi of Blue XT Sea Diving put this information together. It is a very good reference. Have A wonderful time in Cozumel !!! SS

Yep----Pepita has fridges in its rooms......AC, cable TV, 2 dbl beds, free morning coffee, nice little courtyard for hanging with folks, and unless something has changed in the last couple of months, $39 a night includes tax..........Betsy
P.S. also close to the open air market for breakfast or to grab stuff for the room and gated at night for security with someone always on duty........no phones in the rooms but you can use the one at the front desk.

Last edited:
We looked at Hotel Pepita as well and it did indeed look clean, safe and friendly. The courtyard is also nice. Even though we only visited for 15 minutes or so, the feel of the place was very ex-pat and laid back. The reason we didn't stay there was that it was a bit far from town for us. We ended up with a beautiful home close to Chedraui for about 50 per nite per person (3).

Wait-----I'm confused here.......are you SURE you were at the Pepita???........far from town?....it's one block behind the square on Avenida 15!!........being close to Chedraui is four times the distance to the square if not more and I guess there is no point in comparing the rate.....$150 for your three or $39 for two........BUT glad you found a place that you liked!............Betsy

Nevis-----forgot to say that I really do think that you are thinking of another hotel since there is NOTHING "ex-pat" about the Pepita.........it's owned by one of the oldest local families on the island......wonder where you are thinking of!............Betsy

Yes... I must be thinking of another place. We walked and drove around most of an afternoon looking for affordable locations so it is possible I am confused.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom