First time diving Destin bridge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Snuff

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I'm headed to Destin in the morning for some diving. Thought about the jetties, but after scouting it yesterday, the walk is a bit far. I tried looking up info for the bridge, and I can't find much. The only advice I can find from anyone is to walk to the right, to the point, and dive back to the bridge. I know to dive the tide, and have a flag. Anyone else have any advice for a first timer on the bridge?

Thanks

I found this on Scuba Shore Diving -

[h=1]Destin Jetties[/h] [h=1]Florida
USA East

Home[/h]

Submitted By:
Wanda S. Rodriguez
Submitter Comments:
Recently( this February) I did a shore dive at the Destin Jetties in Destin, Florida. I went there because the boat dives were all canceled due to bad weather. Of course that meant there was bad weather at the jetties too but I was so determined to dive in the ocean that weekend. I spent about 12 mins fighting the currents in 6 foot water and went about 9 yards. It was freezing cold and I had about 5 ft of visibility. It was a terrible dive but the locals I talked to said that on good days it can be incredible. I plan to try it again this summer. You are at the mercy of the tides for peek diving conditions. Obviously when I dove that mercy was not available.
Directions:
There are jetties on both the east and west side of the pass - the east side is where people do most of their diving. To reach them, you'll want to get to Gulf Shore Drive and follow it past where it makes an "S" turn. At this point, be on watch for a gravel lane for public parking on the right side of the road. There will also be a single showerhead and a few signs that can be easy to miss marking the trail that leads out to the beach and the East Pass Jetties.

Scuba Shore Diving Site Page for: Destin Jetties of Florida, USA East

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom