First time diving Bali

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

60mins/50 bar is more or less the standard for boat dive because they have schedule to follow.
Shore dive is entirely different story.
Several dive operators have told me that if any diver came in and demanded that and that. The answer is very simple: paid for your own boat.

In Lombok we have done just that, the dive center owner instructor with his boat and just us three divers. :) Other dive centers have now come back and said 60 mins was because many divers were at 50 bar after an hour, not because of schedule issues especially in Lembongan where some dive centers only offer 2 morning dives and no later afternoon dives. I don't mind that some dives might be 60 minutes but I like have the option to be able to dive to 50 bar with my 2 buddies and a guide.

OK so 2 days in. We are keeping same guide for every dive over 5 days.
Did Liberty wreck as a day dive then as a night dive same night. We had groupers chasing lobsters. I got one as it was out of hiding. Matahari who we dive with have an unlimited dive package of 4 - 5 dives a day for a single price point. Worth it as night dives are charged more. so far in two days 7 dives off for another night dive shortly. 8 dives in 2 days so far. Ahmed trip tomorrow two morning dives there and two dives back at matahari afternoon and another night dive.
Can only say lots of divers at liberty wreck on the night dive.

LOBSTER.jpg

so far in two days 7 dives off for another night dive shortly. 8 dives in 2 days so far.
And what were the durations of your dives with a guide?
(Rhetorical question, I know the answer : "more than 60 minutes")

And what were the durations of your dives with a guide?
(Rhetorical question, I know the answer : "more than 60 minutes")

Mainly 55 - 60 minutes We are all using Nitrox 32%
Great of you to have known the answer before I did.

DSC_0068.JPG

Last 4 dives today in Tulamben at Matahari. Did the Liberty wreck at 6:30am, heading off to another dive site to get the pigmy seahorse have setup nitrox 28% for that as deeper than 32m. After noon dive back at Liberty wreck again which my dive buddies really like diving. Night dive will be on a wall not far from Matahari walk along the shoreline for a bit then enter. I will snorkel most of the way out to the wall.

Our dive buddy from Italy not so great on gas consumption so basically he tags along with the guide and myself and my buddy have a bit more free reign to stay within bubble trail site but do our own thing. Bit hard to get lost on these dive sites anyway.
I have not dived since last June so actually the one hour dives are fine. Last dive we did 65 mins but guide and buddy already back onshore. We could have stayed longer but I called to my buddy to end the dive. We want a long surface interval before the next dive, 2 hours plus.

@Blackcrusader what are the current water temperatures?

I'm heading to Tulamben in 10 days time and had 30C there last May.

departing to Jakarta tomorrow, will be in bali in 10 days too - though not for a diving trip, will be travelling around but still expect to get wet, could be Padang bai or Tulamben.

departing to Jakarta tomorrow, will be in bali in 10 days too - though not for a diving trip, will be travelling around but still expect to get wet, could be Padang bai or Tulamben.
A couple of other SB members and myself will be staying at Villa Alba from the 30 Sep to 9 Oct if you're passing by.

My plan is for two morning dives daily and one night dive, should you wish to pop by for a coffee in the afternoons or even dive with us.

Lowest 27c highest 29c My last dive here in another hour 6:30pm at the Drop Off Wall to the right side of Matahari.

A couple of other SB members and myself will be staying at Villa Alba from the 30 Sep to 9 Oct if you're passing by.

My plan is for two morning dives daily and one night dive, should you wish to pop by for a coffee in the afternoons or even dive with us.
we dont have firm plan in Bali, except hiking mt. Agung on 2nd day, then moving around tabanan - Karang asem - Tulamben. Will certainly stop at villa alba when we're there, usually we stay at Puri Mada.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom