first sidemount dives today ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

long day. up at 0345, on the road at 0430. at the shop 0700, bought a wet suit, to the boat. 2 dives, then showers, lunch at the buffet, back to the shop, the the park. Took a couple of walks, 2nd resulting in find an alligator to look at. back to the shop, finally the drive home. just got about an hour ago.

sadly, I left my camera in my van. I was planning to get one of the guys on the boat to get some pics of Bob entering water, etc. Will have to wait for another day to get the chance.

I'll see if I can get someone on The Peace next month take a picture of me in mid-flight off the side ... that boat gives a whole new meaning to "giant stride" ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

while I haven't done any sidemount, I have read a bit about it and have some friends who use it. It seems to me that it solves a number of issues nicely. But for now, I can't see me messing with it. Limited dive funds need to be spent mostly on actually going diving. Possibly later I'll be able to mess with it.

It was a great trip. Met a ton of SB folks, including ScubaSam and Dry Diver ... and really had a great time. Now I'm looking forward to introducing this rig to Puget Sound in the coming days ... my flight home leaves in about 12 hours.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Hi, Bob, :hugs:

Great to hear your dives went well today. Did you give Stu a hug from me as directed?

Donna and I enjoyed meeting you and spending SI time with you. We are thrilled that you could keep up with two loud northern chickies.

Safe travel home to the northwest!

Hi, Bob, :hugs:

Great to hear your dives went well today. Did you give Stu a hug from me as directed?

Donna and I enjoyed meeting you and spending SI time with you. We are thrilled that you could keep up with two loud northern chickies.

Safe travel home to the northwest!

Loud ??? I hadn't noticed ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Loud ??? I hadn't noticed ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Oh, yeah, I forgot, you're JUST as loud as we are....:rofl3:

Marianna seemed a tad quiet today with ya!!!

Here's the first of a few videos I'll be posting of Bob during his first week in sidemount. Everything in this video was done on the second day of the class. Keep in mind that Bob is cave trained and completed most of the skills required for the course during the first day, which is why we were in the overhead. None of the passages we went through in this video is a true sidemount passage (they are all passable in backmount), even the one he's wiggling through. I tailor my classes to my students and their capabilities. What you see here may not be what you experience should you take a sidemount class from me.

Sidemount

Great video Rob and way to rock the SM Bob!
I have been training in BM to finish my full cave and it has been interesting but very good in a training sense.
Took this last weekend off to SM due to my workshop trip falling through BIG MISTAKE!
Now all the reasons I love SM are hammering into my head all over again!
I had not dove it for months but with in minutes swimming through smaller openings and the balance is so addictive!
It could be a long summer the way it looks right now!

You guys have fun and dive safe, I am looking forward to the looks you get Bob on the east coast.
My friend went out there for a trip and was not greeted very friendly using SM!
Congrats once again and keep us posted on your progress.

CamG Keep Diving....Keep Training....Keep Learning!

Reactions: Jax
Watching that video brought back the incredibly powerful sense of comfort in the water that I felt, playing with Jen's rig. I really need to get off the stick and do something about switching over . . .

Reactions: Jax

Back
Top Bottom