first reg purchase....Apeks, Oceanic or Aeris?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If a Sherwood is tuned properly it is not a bad breather, but it is not the best either as the second stage is unbalanced. They usually do not sell for much on ebay, especially the older models. I do not know you finances, do you need other pieces of equipment?
/

Lol I need everything, I actually posted in another forum regarding my dss vs halcyon bp&w debate. The plan right now is to use the Sherwood 1nd stage as my backup/octo and pick up an apeks xtx50 as my main reg...seems to be the way I'm leaning...after that it'll be on to a dive computer inquiry...

regarding finances...they are short! I'm def on a budget but at the same time want to get the safest and best equipment I can afford.

Its your life support system so splurge on the regs. Apeks are the best regs on the market, you wont be disappointed!

Apeks are great regs for sure, I wouldnt say the "best" out there but certainly one of them.

It's actually "hogwash" but I changed it to two words and capitalized the first to make a play on words. I'm not a English professor so I can really only tell you my understanding of the word: nonsense.

With regard to reliability theory and the life support argument, I'll take 2 lower cost items of debatable diminished reliability over 1 higher cost system of debatable improved reliability any day. This is after all the entire idea behind RAID ( redundant array of independent/inexpensive disks ).

It's actually "hogwash" but I changed it to two words and capitalized the first to make a play on words. I'm not a English professor so I can really only tell you my understanding of the word: nonsense.

With regard to reliability theory and the life support argument, I'll take 2 lower cost items of debatable diminished reliability over 1 higher cost system of debatable improved reliability any day. This is after all the entire idea behind RAID ( redundant array of independent/inexpensive disks ).

RAID doesn't support my life below 100'.....

Poor compare.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom