Suggestion first post date appearing on thread list

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
B

bcleveland

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Can the first post date of a thread be displayed beside the thread starter's username? It would be useful to see how old the thread is before we click on it just to read a new response to a 2 year old thread.
Keep up the good work!!
Thanks

The date is in the grey bar above the username. I think that's what you mean?

No, I was thinking about the list you get when you click on "new posts".

The number of posts and views on a thread is usually a good indication.

El Orans:
The number of posts and views on a thread is usually a good indication.
not really. Plenty of old threads without that many posts or views, actually if you're talking some of the old stuff there's less because there were fewer users. And then there's MOF...

I've seen this suggested before too. And I agree it would be very helpful to have the thread start date on the New posts list, or for that matter any of the thread lists (like the one you get from a search, which I'm sure is how ancient threads usually get dredged up to begin with.) Sometimes this is fine, but sometimes it makes no sense and anything to make people more aware certainly couldn't hurt.

bcleveland:
Can the first post date of a thread be displayed beside the thread starter's username? It would be useful to see how old the thread is before we click on it just to read a new response to a 2 year old thread.
Keep up the good work!!
Thanks
Yeah, really - I bought a ticket from Continental Air to Cozumel last night, then read where they were cancelling flights. :11: After reviewing about 30 posts, I finally noticed the dates were from last year. Whew.

I'd like to see the thread origin date right after the title so it's easily seen when looking over the thread titles in a forum. :thumb:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom