First pics of one of my HOG D-1's coverted to Yoke

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cruisedivers pics.show about what I discovered as well. I took pics but have not had time to post them. Moot now. But I also never had an issue with clearance on mine using the adapter with a bpw or my express tech. If anyone does want the conversion done shoot me a pm for costs. Or to order a new reg and have it done before shipping. You will still get the DIN fitting sent to you along with it. I don't need a bunch of those lying around.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

If I hadn't just gone and invested in all new DIN tanks I would have been first in line... but i've just heard rumours of a new HOG Titanium reg.. maybe that's my new travel setup about to come :)

It's a new EDGE Titanium reg and it is in yoke. Titanium isn't a good choice for tech (high ppo2 and ignition issues)
If I hadn't just gone and invested in all new DIN tanks I would have been first in line... but i've just heard rumours of a new HOG Titanium reg.. maybe that's my new travel setup about to come :)

It's a new EDGE Titanium reg and it is in yoke. Titanium isn't a good choice for tech (high ppo2 and ignition issues)

How bout back gas with low fiO2 or deep bail for CCR?

works fine. I just like all my regs to be interchangeable when tech diving, that means ok with my deco gas, Titanium isn't :D You may not feel the interchangeable aspect is as important.
How bout back gas with low fiO2 or deep bail for CCR?

Liking the look of that. I am just going to buy DIN valves for local diving. But I would think that would be a great choice for vacation diving

yeah me too actually..lol
Liking the look of that. I am just going to buy DIN valves for local diving. But I would think that would be a great choice for vacation diving

Just got a couple kits in and used one to convert one of my own 1st stages. Simple procedure after removing the DIN assembly. I made a custom wrench to do the job. Then verified the correct torque on the fitting. Here are a few pics. I have another on hand if someone wants me to switch theirs. PM me for details and price. The finish is a match to the D-1 and the fit is excellent. I will be trying it in the water next weekend.
.View attachment 129547View attachment 129548View attachment 129549View attachment 129550

What was the torque for installing the yoke?

Here is what I got from DRIS-

The recommended torque for the filter housing is 120 inch pounds.

The recommended torque for the filter retainer is 80 inch pounds.

Back
Top Bottom