First liveaboard advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lycra socks. Several wise SBers told me to get them for my first LOB, and I did. A couple days in, I stupidly started wondering if they were really necessary (my feet were fine), but kept wearing them anyway. The next day, everyone who didn't have socks started getting blisters. My feet remained fine.

I cant seem to find 100% Lycra socks do you think
  • 67% nylon
  • 28% polyester
  • 5% Lycra Spandex
Would work or a double sock (like the ones used for long distance running)?

I just bought some XS Scuba ones, so please disregard my post and thank you for the great advice/thread

I bought two pair; one were XS scuba like yours (and those were the ones I ended up using) and the other were Cressi. No real reason other than to get two pair in two different colors. I didn't realize they weren't 100% lycra, but whatever they were, they kept my feet pristine through 6 days and 26 dives.

Where were the mask and computer stored when they were lost?
My kid forgot hers inside the rinse sink overnight, computer fastened to the mask strap. We had a bit of bouncing when the boat moved overnight. The basin was a good 18” deep and they probably would never have bounced out, but the whole darn sink broke loose and went overboard.

Our fault though; they should never have been left in the sink and certainly not overnight.

My kid forgot hers inside the rinse sink overnight, computer fastened to the mask strap. We had a bit of bouncing when the boat moved overnight. The basin was a good 18” deep and they probably would never have bounced out, but the whole darn sink broke loose and went overboard.

Our fault though; they should never have been left in the sink and certainly not overnight.

:eek: So sorry to hear this story. Who'd a thunk?!:confused:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom