First Diving Trip to Cozumel in April, Please help me choose resort and dive shop..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tooez

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I’m planning to go to Cozumel with my girlfriend in April. I’ll be doing 4 days of diving but she’s not joining me for diving. I'll also be doing a lot of snorkeling with her. I’m very excited.

I’m looking for all-inclusive resort with beach and snorkeling area. I’m leaning toward Park Royal and Aldora for the dive shop.

What other options do I have for resort and dive shop? Any recommended website to book?

I just want a nice resort that my girlfriend can chill and relax while I’m out for diving in the morning. For the dive, I’m looking for small group that can take me around and have fun for 3-4 days. I’m just looking for some input from experience people here. I just been reading a lot on this forum and many of you guys are very helpful and experienced.

Any input would be greatly appreciated, Thank you in advance :)

Don't over think it. Go with your plan. Book it.

Sounds like a good plan. As an over-thinker, I agree- just book it.

haha. I like having other options for the trip.

anything better than Park Royal with reasonable price?

haha. I like having other options for the trip.

anything better than Park Royal with reasonable price?

Every hotel choice has pros and cons that are person dependent. The possible con with Park Royal is the tiny beach area.

Every hotel choice has pros and cons that are person dependent. The possible con with Park Royal is the tiny beach area.

what would be the better choice for nicer beach?

Dive with martin and Blue XTC ( I think that is it...the owner is frequently on here and her name is Christy) are well known and have lots of good reviews. I have dove with DWM and loved it. They customized a dive trip for my family and it was awesome. I will be diving with Blue Magic in a week and will post my experience when I return. It was a package deal or we would be using DWM again. I have seen some negative reviews of Sand Dollar, but do not have any direct knowledge of their operation.
good luck!! Can't help with any resorts, we will be staying at Casa Mexicana.
jay

We are staying at Scuba Club in April for the first time. I emailed them about a nitrox package which they don't seem to have. I received an email a couple of days ago saying that they charge $10/tank for Nitrox. If you want to dive Nitrox, I would check to see if the resort/op you go with has that as a package addon. I have read about several other resort locations in different locations that do offer Nitrox for say an additional $125/diver for the week. IIRC, Blue Angel does offer a Nitrox addon but don't hold me to that. Just something to keep in mind.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom