First Dive Of The Season! starring Triple-L Stratos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Moogyboy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Finally, FINALLY, got wet this past weekend. I met two dive club buddies on Saturday morning at the Twin Quarries in Circleville, with a bunch of new gear in tow ready to be tested in actual water. Not the least of which was my Stratos BCD, complete with the retrofit front strap. I wore it over my 3/2 shorty and soft weight belt.

I won't detail all the little minutiae of the dive, save that I lost my effin' wristwatch, and that the two quarries were like night and day re: visibility thanks to all the silt-kickin' students :) but the Stratos performed like a champ. I had been worried that it would be a little loose and floppy but with wetsuit it was snug as a hugging bug, and I had no problems staying neutral and horizontal. It did seem a little tough to dump all the air quickly at the surface, but I'm willing to guess that it's probably a good thing anyway. That new front strap stayed nice and tight too. Oh yeah, baby!

Other new crap that I tested were my USD frankenreg and brand new Aeris Velocity fins over brand new Tilos booties. Reg worked fantastic, as did the fins; only hardship were sore feet during the first leg of the dive which I just account for the fins and my feet getting adjusted to each other.

Now, to keep this up all summer, that is the thing...

cheers

Billy S.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom