First Dive Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My dive computer can handle up to 10 transmitters no problem. It tells me how much gas in the tank(s) each transmitter is connected to and how long the gas will last at the specific depth I am at and at the current gas consumption rate in addition to telling me when I need to make a gas/tank switch when changing depth (coming up and switching to a deco gas). It will also keep track of reserve and turn around pressures, etc. It doesn't scratch your balls for you however.

Thanks for your reply. Can you put it in the other thread so as to not pollute this thread with content that the OP is not asking about?

Note: I am interested in digging into this as I am curious what this information looks like on a computer. I personally suspect this is all just horse **** being marketed as useful and that in theory it gives you all this information but in practice, it is all useless. But I allow for the fact that I could be wrong. It happens often enough that I cannot rule it out.

As far as I'm concerned the greatest technological advancements of modern times are the snowblower, pointless ignition, and AI. I leave SPG discussions to those who argue the superiority of decompression tables.

I bought my first computer(non nitrox compatible) in 1996 and a nitrox compatible one a yr later.
The first one died few yrs ago but the nitrox one is still my work horse.
All I need in scuba diving is : ndl, dive time eclipsed, max depth dived. BTW, I need to shine my torch to read the computer on the night dive.
As far as I'm concerned the greatest technological advancements of modern times are the snowblower, pointless ignition, and AI. I leave SPG discussions to those who argue the superiority of decompression tables.
Don't need that advancements in HK.

I bought my first computer(non nitrox compatible) in 1996 and a nitrox compatible one a yr later.
The first one died few yrs ago but the nitrox one is still my work horse.
All I need in scuba diving is : ndl, dive time eclipsed, max depth dived. BTW, I need to shine my torch to read the computer on the night dive.

Don't need that advancements in HK.

For me, especially with my aged eyes, I really love the bigger LED screens. Plus, so far I am digging the wireless charging on my computer. Not sure what happens in the long term but so far, I like it.

AI for me is pointless but to each their own, I guess. Seems like the feature is available even for moderately priced computers these days.

AI for me is pointless but to each their own, I guess. Seems like the feature is available even for moderately priced computers these days.
Not quite if you add the cost of the transmitter on top.
AI + transmitter = 2 cheapo and I know which option to take.
I have a cheapo(under $200.00) to back up my ageing Uwatec pro-nitrox.

I have been using AI dive computers since Fall of 1987 and haven't used SPG's since, no regrets at all.

Because they’re the best. Best customer service, best dive computer on the market. Get a used one at a discount. Get a non AI version perdix if you don’t use AI and save even more money and still have the best computer on the market.
They have the best customer service because they have had a lot of practice at it. The teric has had nothing but problems since its release, just read the posts on here about it. Good customer service doesn't do you any good on a dive boat in the middle of the ocean. They are one of the better dive computers, certainly not the best. Ratio dive computers are just as good. Ratio Dive Computers - iX3M [Pro] Easy

They have the best customer service because they have had a lot of practice at it. The teric has had nothing but problems since its release, just read the posts on here about it. Good customer service doesn't do you any good on a dive boat in the middle of the ocean. They are one of the better dive computers, certainly not the best. Ratio dive computers are just as good. Ratio Dive Computers - iX3M [Pro] Easy
You have to elect the Tech+ level to get custom GF, below that, you only have presets.

You have to elect the Tech+ level to get custom GF, below that, you only have presets.

That is if GF are applicable and important for you, technical diving. But for the average recreational diver, or even the advanced recreational diver, it is irrelevant. You can start with the least expensive version of Ratio's computers and upgrade your license to the higher version, with more features, as your needs increase without having to buy a new dive computer and having to spend the money from day one like you do with other brands.

Back
Top Bottom