First dive at 40 meters - Newbies recreational

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

for myself I will not use 100% of my lung capacity to initiate an ascent. maybe 75%. If I am worried about finning and not stirring up silt in a wreck or in a cave or just on the seabed a little air will give you a slow lift it's not like you need to fill your bcd to capacity either.

I forgot the word "half". Top half.

Basically inhaling deeply as @boulderjohn mentioned.

Aqualung 750

I downloaded and read your DC manual. The deep stop is if you dive deeper than 24m and it half the max depth after that.
Pages 20 36 - 39 make good reading.

If you use a transmitter for your tank you can get GTR which is gas time remaining ( should be to 50 bar not to empty ) so on a dive at any point you can see your gas time from whatever depth you are on to 50 bar. My Cressi SPG has the same thing just called Range. Top right in SPG.

CRESSI  CONSOLE.jpg

It's a lot better than my Dutch!

When I was first in the Netherlands, I was amazed at how the Dutch could figure out I was an American at about a block away and speak to me in perfect American English. On that same trip I then went to England and could barely understand a word anyone was saying.
I am French :) .

I am French :) .
Sorry--I was going by your location. I actually can handle a very little French, although when I was in France last year, entered a restaurant, and asked for a table for two in my perfect French, they always replied in English and handed me a menu in English. They wouldn't even try speaking to me in French. Apparently it was hopeless.

I downloaded and read your DC manual. The deep stop is if you dive deeper than 24m and it half the max depth after that.
Pages 20 36 - 39 make good reading.
Knowing nothing about these computers, I did a quick Google search. I wanted to see what algorithm they used. I could not find it. The closest I could find was a blurb from Aqualung saying that its algorithm was based on the latest decompression research. I wonder what research was used to have them stick a deep stop in automatically after a certain depth, because I am unaware of any research supporting that in the last 15 years.

When I did my Padi Deep course, on the final day I remember the instructor saying the only way you fail now is to out stay the NDL, i.e. turn the dive into a Deco dive. The target depth was at 32 meters, from a shore dive in a lake, and once we had reached it the plan was to ascend quickly to 18 meters (at a rate of 9m per minute) and then shoot an SMB. I remember we reached target depth and I signalled to my my buddy to ascend to 18m. He's standing on the lake bed, waving to me, like the queen, releasing air from his pressure inflator, thinking he's adding a little to get some lift. I watched him do this for about a minute, thinking if he does this much longer we were going to be in deco and fail. I swam over grabbed his BCD and gave him a bit of lift. Once he was back up at 18m he started signalling everything was OK, he deployed the SMB like a pro.

I think it was a good lesson for me and him, i.e. everyone and anyone can get narced and do stupid things.

Knowing nothing about these computers, I did a quick Google search. I wanted to see what algorithm they used. I could not find it. The closest I could find was a blurb from Aqualung saying that its algorithm was based on the latest decompression research. I wonder what research was used to have them stick a deep stop in automatically after a certain depth, because I am unaware of any research supporting that in the last 15 years.

Found it on Page 20 which I advised Dody to read. AS Dody had a first stop at 20m he cannot have been in DECO.

ALGORITHM.jpg

Knowing nothing about these computers, . I wonder what research was used to have them stick a deep stop in automatically after a certain depth, because I am unaware of any research supporting that in the last 15 years.

A very old thread.

DSAT or Z+ algorithm

Back
Top Bottom