First Deco Dives at Forty Fathom grotto to 150'

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good Lord...never mind - as soon as I posted that I got the silly thing to work...just a wee bit of a blonde moment...

Are you sure you want to go play down at 150ffw + with me? I seem to have enough issues thinking clearly on the surface...

StarrySkies:
Good Lord...never mind - as soon as I posted that I got the silly thing to work...just a wee bit of a blonde moment...

Are you sure you want to go play down at 150ffw + with me? I seem to have enough issues thinking clearly on the surface...
If both Rick and I are there. I won't laugh trust me.
I be nervous too.

Fred... I'll be honest with ya, the absolute nit picky of that thread has somewhat soured my desire to even pursue anything to do with fresh water cave or cavern activities.

Besides, deco diving sounds tremendously more fun!

fgray1:
If both Rick and I are there. I won't laugh trust me.
I be nervous too.

Actually, I would prefer it if you did laugh. A little humour goes a long way - God knows, I will be laughing at myself... :wink:

Does anyone have a description of their dive to the bottom of the grotto? Is there a descent line that you can follow all the way to the bottom? Does anyone have a picture I could see of the bottom? Thanks

maxsteel,yes there is a line down.It's called the "Banzai Line"The bottom of the Grotto varies from a thick layer of silt that looks like a bottle of Italian dressing the way it forms layers to piles of junk,limbs and cars.The last time I was at the bottom was 5 years ago_One of the guys working there had a wonderful warped sense of humor.At the end of the line was a hugely anatomically correct GI Joe doll and a letter from Terrence Tysall thanking Hal for the useof the Grotto for training.The vis varies widely even day to day sometimes,I'd heard it sucked lately.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom