First class on Friday Feb. 15th...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MNScuba

Reaction score
I'll be taking my first step toward being PADI OW certified coming up this Friday, can any of you think of any good questions I should ask to make sure I (and the rest of the class) get good quality training?

There's many more, but I'd start out with:

How often do you dive? (other than the pool)

After that, I'd ask any questions that you're not TOTALLY sure of. Make sure you get good answers and fully understand the issue before going on. Don't feel any pressure from the class or the instructor to move to the next step/skill without feeling good about your knowledge of that skill.

Just like I posted in my thread Murdock, it's not really a question but I thought we would spend some time (1/2hr or so) just getting use to breathing underwater with reg's before attempting any skills.

We did about 5 minutes then moved into reg retrieval. Next class I will have our instructor give us a little more time before we get back into skills portion.

Since it's a larger class you may not have options, but ours are private and I told our instructor that I understand "required skills" and guidelines of class, but I want her to take us above and beyond "experiences" that may occur during OWC.

After reading the threads on Certification comparisions. I wish I could take a little bit of all classes and combine them into one. Some of the skills are the same, but there are some other good skills which could be incorporated into the classes.

Good luck

waterdogs

Back
Top Bottom