First BPW set-up, DGX, Deep6 or something else?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dnh

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Finally going to pull the trigger and get a BPW set up but am really confused about the difference between some of the different companies. I was initially looking at a DGX system due to its price, but then some people say that the quality is a lot less than some of the other companies especially for another $200 and to look into Deep6, XDeep or Dive Rite. Don't mind spending an extra $200 if there's really that much of a difference.
I live in SFL and usually dive warm water with either a skin or 3m in the winter. Only single tank for now, but may want to get into tech in the next year or 2.
Appreciate the help.

Out of those choices, I would recommend the Deep 6. XDeep is nice but a bit expensive because it is XDeep. If you live in SFL, you should contact @LandonL and see about getting your hands on the Deep 6 wing and plate.

Getting into tech doesn't mean much in this instance as any backplate will work and you will be changing the wing out anyway. I have one backplate and then I have my single tank wing and my twinset wing, although I do not dive a twinset anymore due to SM.

Out of those choices, I would recommend the Deep 6. XDeep is nice but a bit expensive because it is XDeep. If you live in SFL, you should contact @LandonL and see about getting your hands on the Deep 6 wing and plate.

Getting into tech doesn't mean much in this instance as any backplate will work and you will be changing the wing out anyway. I have one backplate and then I have my single tank wing and my twinset wing, although I do not dive a twinset anymore due to SM.
Why would you recommend the Deep 6 over DGX or Dive Rite?

Why would you recommend the Deep 6 over DGX or Dive Rite?

Well first and foremost, I love the brand and use their regs and fins. Really great gear. As for the wing, I like the material they used for it and it holds up very well. Plus, you are local to SFL which means you have the ability to connect with one of the owners of the company as he spends most of his time in SFL as well.

I have never use the DGX wing so I can't speak to that but I have used Dive Rite products in the past. There is nothing wrong with their BP/W but I feel the Deep 6 is a bit higher quality than what is offered via Dive Rite.

DGX is perfectly fine. No quality issues, why spend $200 more when it won’t make a difference in your diving?

Finally going to pull the trigger and get a BPW set up but am really confused about the difference between some of the different companies. I was initially looking at a DGX system due to its price, but then some people say that the quality is a lot less than some of the other companies especially for another $200 and to look into Deep6, XDeep or Dive Rite. Don't mind spending an extra $200 if there's really that much of a difference.
I live in SFL and usually dive warm water with either a skin or 3m in the winter. Only single tank for now, but may want to get into tech in the next year or 2.
Appreciate the help. I

DGX is fine. They’re based in FL and have great customer service. Can’t go wrong with Dive Rite, either (I have a lot of DR gear).
What she said re DGX.

I recommend you look at the Sub Gravity BP/W system. They make great quality gear and they have great customer service and communication. You get a choice of 3 stainless steel or 2 aluminum backplates, 4 wing lift capacities, their wings do not require a single tank adapter, 3 weight pocket sizes and 2 harness styles. I have their 3mm aluminum backplate, 26 lb wing and adjustable harness for my travel BC. I love their adjustable harness, it's clean, simple and no plastic parts. Paragon Single Tank Package - SubGravity

Take a ride and go visit DGX, good and very knowledgeable people.
They have been happy to show me anything requested and offer options, no hard sell.

I have Deep 6 regs and their peasant propulsion fins, very happy. Looking at a yoke 1st stage in the near future for travel.
BP/W, I'd go for DGX. Put the difference in Deep 6 regs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom